Looking for a Mini 0906 installer near London

Aph

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
G/SGZC12SG & Mini 0906
I've been quoted £150 to have a Mini 0906 installed into a 2006 Nissan X-Trail. Does that seem reasonable? I really don't mind paying someone a reasonable amount to have it installed and I understand that with many things auto, it's the time spent on a job that costs, but that just seems a bit high.

This post is aimed at UK members as I'm aware we're generally the mugs who pay more for everything with Australia running a close second.

I am not UK, but man that seems high.

Reactions: Aph
In the U.K. everything seems high. £1.15 for a litre of petrol gives you an idea how high.

It's to do with the Economy of Scale and the government's penchant for taxation.

Sound expensive for a job that should take no more than one hour MAX

I've been quoted £150 to have a Mini 0906 installed into a 2006 Nissan X-Trail.

Is this quote from a reputable ICE installer, which is the only kind of professional you should use. Not an auto electrician or local car service & repair garage.

Routing the cable behind the headliner or under the carpet to the rear camera will take time. Time is money.

Is there something preventing you from installing it yourself? I managed it, so it's not difficult :)

Set aside a couple of hours, & have a go. Save yourself some cash.

Sound expensive for a job that should take no more than one hour MAX

If that's all it takes then even for the UK, that's a high hourly rate. For that much, I'd want it installed by a lady of my choice wearing nothing but a smile.

I'll look for some more quotes, methinks.

Is this quote from a reputable ICE installer, which is the only kind of professional you should use. Not an auto electrician or local car service & repair garage.

Routing the cable behind the headliner or under the carpet to the rear camera will take time. Time is money.

Is there something preventing you from installing it yourself? I managed it, so it's not difficult :)

Set aside a couple of hours, & have a go. Save yourself some cash.

Yes, he's a reputable ICE installer as opposed to auto electrician/garage.

Unfortunately, age has brought on slightly arthritic hands so where building cars from scratch hasn't proved to be a problem in the past, nowadays it's just not going to happen, not neatly anyway.

You live just around the corner from me, would you happen to know any installer around your way that wouldn't charge such an exorbitant figure?

Last edited:
Order placed for Mini 0906 and I'm down to £100 install costs from a reputable ICE installer locally.

All I need now is for the dashcams to live up to their promise and the installer to continue to be reputable.

Last edited:
Just to give you an idea I guess, I took my cam in to a car audio shop in and out less then 25 mins (was not busy) and cost me 40 US. and it was done right.

Just to give you an idea I guess, I took my cam in to a car audio shop in and out less then 25 mins (was not busy) and cost me 40 US. and it was done right.

You get great value per dollar. Whatever it costs you in dollars tends to cost us a similar figure but in pounds. I've bought car parts from the States and along with postage and packaging it's still been cheaper than buying them from here.

You get great value per dollar. Whatever it costs you in dollars tends to cost us a similar figure but in pounds. I've bought car parts from the States and along with postage and packaging it's still been cheaper than buying them from here.

yeah, funny how that works out.

Back