GIT 2 sound test

There have been questions about sound quality of GIT2 and how external microphone performs compared to built in one.
Here is a quick test.

If you have your own sound test videos, feel free to share them.
What is that language?

Last edited:
Here some photos and a schematic to explain for a custom charge and mic input cable
I used this adapter for the jack part and the mini USB 10pin
( http://www.lightinthebox.com/fr/mic...era-de-port-10-broches-mini-usb_p4787643.html )
Usb cable is a HP printer usb :D

Be careful if you use the same adapter ( look the last shematic)

View attachment 21402 View attachment 21403 View attachment 21404 View attachment 21405 View attachment 21406View attachment 21407
Great job!
Did you make some test with powerbank and external mic? I had understood that if used both created interference

Nice, let us know how it works.

It is a nice thing when you can use a camera, and charge it as the same time, plus in this case also get external audio instead of the built in microphone,
you can only get that good sound from a internal microphone. Not the cameras fault, that is just how sound works, nothing you can do about it, except
using a external microphone.

The second option, is to buy a "battery eliminator" cable for hero3 ( git2 use the same battery) but you need to remove the battery cap and modify your housing
gopro-usb-battery-eliminator-cable.jpg

Last edited:
class77, wow.

That was nice, that such a thing even is made, great. And yes I guess you need to do some modifications but that was real nice.

That would be a option when you need it.

The battery cable is not 100 % plug and play , some plastic on the sides exceeds, that's why I preferred to create a modified cable

Thanks for video. The audio doesn´t have any interferences . I made a connector for external micro, maybe now I make other with micro+power supply.
Thanks so much

Yes! Here a second test video in a quiet room,still no interferences ;)

Last edited:
Here some photos and a schematic to explain for a custom charge and mic input cable
I used this adapter for the jack part and the mini USB 10pin
( )
Usb cable is a HP printer usb :D

Be careful if you use the same adapter ( look the last shematic)

View attachment 21402 View attachment 21403 View attachment 21404 View attachment 21405 View attachment 21406View attachment 21407

Hello class77! I'm new here.

Do you think I can just use my pre-existing 10 pins mini usb male jack (basically the female 3.5mm to mini usb chord, and I just cut it in 2 to use both wire ends. This way I don't have to solder wires to that brand new, 85 cents, WIRE-FREE, mini usb male jack)?

Hope I'm clear here. I just doubt my wire soldering skills so I would rather weld it to pre-existing soldered wires. I still want stereo recordings though (btw I have no real idea how to detect rapidly or perhaps at all if I'm recording stereo or mono) o_O

EDIT: I did type a lot didn't I? Ok, well I just realized the pre-existing mini usb lack connected wires. DOH! :facepalm:

Last edited:
I just doubt my wire soldering skills so I would rather weld it to pre-existing soldered wires.
Here is another option: MiniUSB 10 pin MOLDED CABLE with 5ft wire

71tczUvNsmL._SL1500_.jpg

If mono is sufficient, then this is your best bet: MINI USB 3.5MM EXTERNAL MICROPHONE AND CHARGING CABLE FOR GITUP GIT2/GIT2P

mini-usb-35mm-external-microphone-and-charging-cable-for-gitup-git2git2p.jpg

It would be easy for Gitup to adjust that cable for stereo as discussed in the cable support external MIC and charging thread. Mine arrived with a defect so I opened it up to repair and may modify it accordingly once its replacement arrives.

Last edited:
Back