mini 0903 capacitor

I bought 0903. It was delivered in 2 weeks. But seems that the capacitor does not work at all. Once I stop engine or unplug the power it just imidiatelly switches off. As a result the latest file is broken and cannot be viewed.
When I put power a small battery icon is shown on the display and after one minute that icon disappear, so I believe the capacitor should be charged. But as I mentioned - no proper shutdown.

I left the device powered for 2 hours but all sympthoms are the same - cannot properly shutdown.
Also I have mini 0805 battery based - no issues there.

Firmware: 903_96655_20160620_V1.8
Is there anything I can do?

My car turns, the power off for a few seconds when starting the engine. The device is shutting down during this time and doesn't come back again. Is it beacuse of capasitor or adaptor. ?

Same here when it was connect to the cigg 12v but later worked much better after hardwiring to a 12v continous power suppleant. Check which fuse which never powers down. Cheers

Same here when it was connect to the cigg 12v but later worked much better after hardwiring to a 12v continous power suppleant. Check which fuse which never powers down. Cheers
Oh I see, yes it is logical. In fact I take its power from the energy from fuse box I can chect it from box which doesnt cut off energy while start the engine.
Thank you.

My experince is based on the miniCam hardwire kit. I dont remember the colours but there is 3 cables. One to continous power, one to which switches off with the ignition like the cigg fuse and last the cable to connect to earth. Cheers

reading this thread, I have had problems in the past with the camera shutting down incorrectly, I also bought the hard wire kit that did not work either for me. My solution was to add a separate usb female socket hard wired to a permanent live fuse using a piggy pack fuse holder. In my own opinion this camera has very good video quality of both day and night footage however as for the super capacitor it is useless, as when it works at its best when the supply voltage is cut the camera takes so much out of the capacitor you may only get a few days without use and the camera will lose all settings video quality, time, date, reg etc. I found you will need a permanent feed all the time to prevent losing these valuable settings. You will have to start the camera and turn off the camera manually but at least I can leave my camera recording while I'm parked on car parks etc, do remember to turn off though as this camera is heavy on the current drainage while it is in recording mode, Hope this helps some of you people out...

Hi,
for the super capacitor it is useless
the super capacitors need only for correct last file saving. As I understand you not have this problem?

the camera will lose all settings video quality, time, date, reg etc.
for correct data & time saving need correctly soldered Real Time Clock (RTC) battery (Vo.3 & Vo.4). It's another topic about this problem.

After all last hardware upgrades this gadget works good. Except GPS locking in my case... but it's another topic.

thanks for the replies. I solved problem buying another cam. Its less complicated and simple but works properly. gw1c :) On the other hand ı will find a solution for the mini 0903 like more powerfull adaptor which has a keep the energy for a while. like laptop adaptor. (which has transformators to keep the energy like capasitor.)

Hi, i have same problem with SUPER CAPACITOR. After replaced a right blown capacitor 2,5V 10F a new one capacitor i measure voltage, and on right capacitor voltage come to 3,5-4,08V and on left capacitor only 1,0-1,5V. Have someone this problem? or what it correct it?

Yes, i replace it in pairs. Only right has higher voltage then left capacitor. As i write.

What you mean? i have ordered same capacity and same voltage , it must be paired like as transistors?

Hello, I opened the camera and I realized that, there is a buttom battery on the board and it drains away.I was defective. So I ordered this back up battery. You can see on the picture left side. I will change it.
Also I have 5.5v 5,0f capasitor. I will try to change old one. But I am wondering is it suitable or not. Otherwise I will order 2.7v 10f two capasitor.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20180915_021816.jpg
    thumbnail_20180915_021816.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 34
  • thumbnail_20180915_022025.jpg
    thumbnail_20180915_022025.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 32
I have change capasitor and battery nothing has changed. 1 days later it resets date and time.

I have change capasitor and battery nothing has changed. 1 days later it resets date and time.
Hi @Evren ,

which version on your nano PCB (Printed circuit board) is marked? Mine are 0.4
V0.4_PCB.jpg

If V0.4 or V0.3 - you must make hardware changes as described in this link. Soldering battery opposite "+" with "-" :)

Battery need for date and time saving, Capacitor for correct last file saving.

Thank you for your answer. I tried something different. :)
I will test it and inform you. Asap.

Attachments

• 20200105_172754.jpg
    20200105_172754.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200105_172811.jpg
    20200105_172811.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
According to the picture are + and - directions right ?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 13
Hi @Evren ,

which version on your nano PCB (Printed circuit board) is marked? Mine are 0.4
View attachment 49980

If V0.4 or V0.3 - you must make hardware changes as described in this link. Soldering battery opposite "+" with "-" :)

Battery need for date and time saving, Capacitor for correct last file saving.
I will check it. Thank you.

Back