Return' to SZ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 24437
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24437

I 've read in thesr threads that an action cam returned to Shenzen with USPS may not arrive!
True?

If I could write Chinese characters on the address?

If I could write Chinese characters on the address?

there are a couple of hurdles, technically USPS won't take camera products to China, it could get seized at either your end or theirs (theirs and you'd never get notified), anything posted has a high likelihood of getting lost/not delivered/delivered but not acknowledged as delivered due to wrong person receiving it/person receiving it not wanting to deal with it/denying they ever got it etc

reality is you're meant to use a freight forwarder, DHL, FEDEX etc which are ok to do this and trackable, the cost is prohibitive as the freight generally costs more than the product, if the product is expensive it also needs customs clearance on their end (major headache) addressing the parcel correctly certainly helps and is easily done by asking the receiver for their details in Chinese and printing it out and sticking it to the package along with the English version

For sure there are responsible vendors out there that will be ok to send stuff back to, it's still costly if they need to be sent to China, if they have an option to get sent to Hong Kong as some of the larger ones do that's generally pretty reliable and can be done at more reasonable rates, unfortunately there are a lot of sellers out there that play the system and it can be a fruitless exercise to send anything back, even the good ones can fall victim to some of the things that do go wrong that are outside of their control though and may genuinely never receive your item back

Back