A119S and iPad USB Camera Cable

XesyDC

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Can anyone confirm if the A119S will talk to an iPad via the Apple USB Camera Cable?

I already use the cable to pull photos and videos from my cameras (Canon and GoPro) and wanted to know if it will do the same with the A119S as well so I don’t have to cart the camera (or the card) upstairs to the the computer every time I want to pull a file.

Short of waiting for the A120, convenience in retrieving video files is the only thing keeping me from grabbing one.

I don't know which camera cable you're using but the Apple stuff generally only will show files that adhere to the DCIM standard which the camera does not, can't say I've seen any GPS enabled camera that does either

Ahh, that’s more the information I was after. Bugger, I live in an apartment complex, so having to cart the camera up to get files is quite inconvenient, I would much prefer something I can either plug into the iPad to retrieve, or use Wifi.

Is there a lead time on the A120 (A119S with wifi?) at all? I would rather wait than have to fiddle with removing SD chips or removing/replacing the camera when I want to pull files off it.

no idea if they're planning a wifi version but wifi is not good for transferring large files from the camera, far better to just pop the card out and use a card reader

Reactions: gse
Back