ThinkWare F800 Pro with PowerBank Ravpower

Bnguyen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been searching around a lot of discussion but non of them really giving true answer about daskcam power by battery bank. I'm think it more cheaper with power bank theory.

1. I ordered Think ware F800 Pro from the clove.uk website ship to USA
  2. I order USB A male to 12v Cigarette lighter Socket Female converter.
  3. RAV Power Bank
I install front and rear cam and have it on continuous recording for last 20 hour battery juice still on 8/10 on single charge I haven't recharge the battery yet. In addition This power bank it can be recharge while dash cam turn on.

I know there are many speculating about charge and discharge at same time some people saying not safe and I do understand that. but if you only charge battery while driving, it's completely safe. I'm in Palm spring California heat here almost similar to AZ or Las Vegas. I left my car on open street no shade no tree. Car temp 110F. It still serve me good for last 20 hrs.

I have read a lot of cellink battery B V2. and honestly those battery same exactly this power bank. May be kind of battery in side little different type. But it ant going to to convince me to by that. $220 That too much. They only have few chips in there for charging safe charge over charge relay.

The newer power bank now already come with all those feature. If really heat going to blow up power bank i'm sure the Cellink would be the same don't get me wrong.

My Cost total for Dask Cam Front/Rear and it fully power by power bank is

ThinkWare F800 Pro $416 shipped
Car Cigarette Charger $8.00
Power Bank $30.00
5V USB to 12V Cigaret Femail Socket $10.00

Total $464.

you'd do better to get a powerbank that has 12v output, charging and discharging at the same time is still a problem though, do that at your own risk

It might be wise to go with two 12V power bank and charge one at home while the other one is in the car powering the camera. I am also a bit hesitant when it comes to leaving a Li battery in a hot car. I feel better leaving a Lead Acid battery inside a hot car though.

For the F800 you'll need both constant and ignition switched power for parking mode to work properly. If you have a cigarette socket adapter splice the constant wire of the hardwire kit in there and perhaps splice the ignition switched (ACC) wire elsewhere.

Two other issues I see are the charge time with this battery are the charge speed, quoted as 8 hours with a 2.4A charger. The simple solution is to buy two and swap them but that charge time is a hassle nonetheless.

The second issue is it doesn't mention what kind of lithium ion battery it is but being a smartphone battery pack I doubt it's the LiFePo4 type battery that's typically used for dash cam specific battery packs

I have been searching around a lot of discussion but non of them really giving true answer about daskcam power by battery bank. I'm think it more cheaper with power bank theory.

1. I ordered Think ware F800 Pro from the clove.uk website ship to USA
  2. I order USB A male to 12v Cigarette lighter Socket Female converter.
  3. RAV Power Bank
I install front and rear cam and have it on continuous recording for last 20 hour battery juice still on 8/10 on single charge I haven't recharge the battery yet. In addition This power bank it can be recharge while dash cam turn on.

I know there are many speculating about charge and discharge at same time some people saying not safe and I do understand that. but if you only charge battery while driving, it's completely safe. I'm in Palm spring California heat here almost similar to AZ or Las Vegas. I left my car on open street no shade no tree. Car temp 110F. It still serve me good for last 20 hrs.

I have read a lot of cellink battery B V2. and honestly those battery same exactly this power bank. May be kind of battery in side little different type. But it ant going to to convince me to by that. $220 That too much. They only have few chips in there for charging safe charge over charge relay.

The newer power bank now already come with all those feature. If really heat going to blow up power bank i'm sure the Cellink would be the same don't get me wrong.

My Cost total for Dask Cam Front/Rear and it fully power by power bank is

ThinkWare F800 Pro $416 shipped
Car Cigarette Charger $8.00
Power Bank $30.00
5V USB to 12V Cigaret Femail Socket $10.00

Total $464.[/QUOT

Hi Bnguyen,
I just have a question, are the settings in Km and all the european units or does it have for both km and Mpg?
After a few days of usage what are you thoughts?

Yes device could get mph or km you can change in dash cam setting.. i download update firmware for US and update via sd card.. it was able detect traffic light cameras everything.. but the information about traffic cam little bit out dated.. i think thinkware didnt update it yet.. some intersection in my area traffic cam was remove about a year ago but think ware still think it stil there. Beside that everything work as expected..

If you order from them make sure order with cigarettes plug not hardwire kits. Hardwire kit if you connect directly with car battery.

Shipment take 3 days total from uk to us via dhl and it free shipping too..

When you download update firmware you can choose either country i choose usa..

Drawback which make me dont like much that their apps suck crash alot.

I use lexa 633 128gb. Dash cam cam with 32gb only.

Rear cam great same as front.. if you have an after market tint win it could be problem at night wasnt clear as much as daylight...

Overall dash cam work perfectly.. drawback on me that the apps spending $400 device expecting you can view and download videos for preview later or saved pain due to apps keep crashing i have to take out the sd and plug into my laptop... i tried win/mac/android read the sd card fine file read fine no issue so far.. if you can live with issue of crash apps then you okay..

I heard people talking about f800 air vs 800 pro according to the clove then that just software upgrade feature. All pro later can upgrade to air.. but not stand f800. And air its all about the cloud feature i think..

I been awaiting blackbox stocking this cam but they seem dont have it yet.. i also order cellink bat v2 from blackbox for blackvue r650s 2ch was on sale other day on amazon 250$ Ill switch back and forth between these two setup power bank and cellink bv2. Too see which better

Last edited:
Yes device could get mph or km you can change in dash cam setting.. i download update firmware for US and update via sd card.. it was able detect traffic light cameras everything.. but the information about traffic cam little bit out dated.. i think thinkware didnt update it yet.. some intersection in my area traffic cam was remove about a year ago but think ware still think it stil there. Beside that everything work as expected..

If you order from them make sure order with cigarettes plug not hardwire kits. Hardwire kit if you connect directly with car battery.

Shipment take 3 days total from uk to us via dhl and it free shipping too..

When you download update firmware you can choose either country i choose usa..

Drawback which make me dont like much that their apps suck crash alot.

I use lexa 633 128gb. Dash cam cam with 32gb only.

Rear cam great same as front.. if you have an after market tint win it could be problem at night wasnt clear as much as daylight...

Overall dash cam work perfectly.. drawback on me that the apps spending $400 device expecting you can view and download videos for preview later or saved pain due to apps keep crashing i have to take out the sd and plug into my laptop... i tried win/mac/android read the sd card fine file read fine no issue so far.. if you can live with issue of crash apps then you okay..

I heard people talking about f800 air vs 800 pro according to the clove then that just software upgrade feature. All pro later can upgrade to air.. but not stand f800. And air its all about the cloud feature i think..

I been awaiting blackbox stocking this cam but they seem dont have it yet.. i also order cellink bat v2 from blackbox for blackvue r650s 2ch was on sale other day on amazon 250$ Ill switch back and forth between these two setup power bank and cellink bv2. Too see which better

Greatly appreaciate your detailed opinion on the F800Pro

Greatly appreaciate your detailed opinion on the F800Pro

After testing between power bank and Cellink Bat v2. between both F800 Pro and Blackvue DR650S. Power bank good for daily usage. and not worry about parking motion or parking detection.

If any of you really worry much about parking motion like me than I strongly suggesting not to us power bank it's not good alternative idea for saving 150 or 170$ vs Cellink Bat V2 or Power Magic Switch .

I have done the test on Power Magic Switch, power bank and Cellink Bat V2 on both Blackvue DR650S and Thinkware F800 Pro.

Power bank reliable only daily usage for driving or continuous records daily commuting work supermarket. But not good idea for longer parking
Power Magic Switch is good alternative most cheapest way and using your Car Battery instead. I personally don't like idea of tapping fuse box so. This not my option. tapping fuse box is safe. I just don't like idea of it.

Cellink Bat V2 and one of best of option little expensive way but Honestly once you get all installed. I'm sure you never need to worry any thing or thinking about your DaskCam or kee checking. Once it installed your will forget until there is an incident otherwise never need to bother to look at it after all.

What you consider should speeding $200 for bat? Plus Dashcam $400 total roughly could be 700 -800 easy just for dashcam. If you would not having dashcam and collision involve hit and run or damage while in parking your Deductible between $500 to $1000 and that much more pain than install a dashcam..

Conclusion I have remove battery bank and install Cellink for my Camry with F800 Pro. and Siena Van DRS650S with Power Magic ... .. F800 Mobile Apps work better on android than Apple IOS. Apple IOS keep Crashing and it keep getting disconnect from the Daskcam. but Mobile app on Android OS it work perfect no issue at ... Everything work faster than IOS version

Back