Is Vico-Power Plus mandatory for Opia2?

Vince33

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Until now I've connected all the dash cams I had directly on the car wires (near the fusebox) but I'm not 100% if that will work with the Opia2.
Can someone tell me please? BTW I'm not going to use parking mode.

No it's not required for standard switched ACC/Ignition on recording but is recommended if you want to safely record while away in parking mode.

No it's not required for standard switched ACC/Ignition on recording but is recommended if you want to safely record while away in parking mode.
I apologize for bumping an old thread, but I wanted to ask before I order my opia2. This is the first premium dash cam that I will be ordering. I've had several budget cams and all but one has had problems. I figured I should spend the extra money upfront for a nice capacitor dash cam that will last me several years.

My question is, can the parking mode still work if I have a constant 12v power outlet? Or do I still need the power plus? I can turn my car off and I have two power outlets from the factory. One only has power when the car is on and another has constant power even when the car is off.

Back