New firmware for BlackVue DR550GW-2CH v1.017

I have Downloaded but am Unwilling to try until I find out what the russians think, I am holding out for a Hero in the form of a custom UK firmware. or a time and date fix, it might be in there somewhere.

I am going to have a look at getting my old Fracking app out and read the Bin Files see what they contain.

Nothing interesting in the firmware 1.017 I did not either, waiting for custom firmware, recall work is done.
As before, all the news available: http://car-dvr.info/forum

Not Sure If anyone can help with out knowledge of what sort of advice you now require. You may want to expand a little.

I know that you have installed the firmware 1.017E now so are you talking about the time difference.

All I can suggest is try leaving it off for a few hours then insert a fresh formatted card and see if the time updates when its been reconnected to the GPS.

Hi Peter,

Yes the time difference, its been stuck on 1 hour ahead since I first upgraded to the new Firmware 1.017E. Will try what you suggest but wait until the morning.

Well I have updated to 1.017 now and it seems to be Okay cant see what they have done to the thing though do notice the GPS seems to dropout regularly.

Hi Dave, Appreciate your reply. I am glad to say I purchased my 550 and 500 from one of The Authorised Distributors name on The BlackVue page, Novus Automotive. They and Advanced in Car Technologies have been helpful and I am now reasonably satisfied with my 550. The only problems being The Time Zone Remaining on BST and the bitrate. Last weekend I was at The NEC in Birmingham driving all weekend and the 550 never got overly hot just warm. Personally the bitrate could be increased a tad without any problembs.

I am now waiting for the firmware update that will hopefully sort this. The blocky jumpy playback along with the pixalation issue was greatly helped when I used my daughters newer laptop..

Thanks again for your reply and if you have any further suggestions re bitrate and the time issue please let me know.

Back