Viofo A119S Motion Detection recording stops when SD card is full

jharmon

Reaction score
Country
Australia
After enough motion detection recordings, it no longer records any further.

Are there any settings to fix this? Or will it be resolved in a future firmware update?

Config: Viofo A119s v2 hardware, V1.6 firmware, Loop recording turned off, Motion detection turned on, GPS enabled, G sensor Off

I don't want loop recording (aka continuous recording) - I only want it to record with motion detection...

Are you saying it works like this?
Loop recording ON, set to x minute segments), motion recording OFF: Continuous recording
Loop recording ON, set to x minute segments), motion recording ON: Only records a segment of x minutes once motion is detected, then waits until it detects motion again later... old recordings will be removed when SD card is full.

If so, that's probably OK.

I'll test that and report back. Might take a while to fill the card to verify...

Continuous recording will stop once the card is full. Most dashcam's have this disabled because it confuses too many people and they end up missing recordings not knowing this is how it works.

If the bucket is full, you can't put more in it without tipping some away. This seems unsurprising :)

Back