ELECAM explorer 4k problem

Minos90

Reaction score
Country
United States
hello
i bought this camera on gear best.
i'm having issues playing the videos on my computer. or on my phone.
first of all, they playback all choppy and pixelated on my computer. and it jumps frames. i might be able to show a video of how it looks.
just wondering if anyone has had that issue?

it happens with any recording format. 1080p/60fps also 720p/120fps.
my computer has windows 10. and the default media player.

you could try uploading a video to YouTube, if you can watch it back fine there it's likely to be a codec/config problem on your PC, if it remains choppy there are other issues, could be a camera problem, could even be a memory card problem

yeah the default apps that come in win10 are crap at best. the only one i kept was the calculator. and when edge and photos kept stealing file associations i ripped them out by the roots too.

VLC, (by VideoLAN - there are some imposter sites out there - be sure you get the real deal) or Media Player Classic are much better players than the stock microsoft stuff.

we'd still like to know things like processor type/speed, ram, etc. an atom or celeron processor probably can't handle 1080p and will stutter during playback, and there's no solution for that. another possibility is your card reader could be too slow - i have that issue on my wife's laptop. trying to play direct from the memory card gives horrible stuttering, but if i copy the files to the C drive first (like on the desktop or something) they play perfectly from there. that could end up being a simple solution for you, assuming your CPU can handle playing true 1080p+ files.

well i uploaded it. what do you guys think?

i tried playing them with VideoLAN but it still plays weird.
my computer has 8gb of ram idk the other info like card reader and stuff like that

Can't see any problem here. Try different players in your computer, VLC player usually does OK while windows-supplied ones often give problems.

Phil

yeah the default apps that come in win10 are crap at best. the only one i kept was the calculator. and when edge and photos kept stealing file associations i ripped them out by the roots too.

VLC, (by VideoLAN - there are some imposter sites out there - be sure you get the real deal) or Media Player Classic are much better players than the stock microsoft stuff.

we'd still like to know things like processor type/speed, ram, etc. an atom or celeron processor probably can't handle 1080p and will stutter during playback, and there's no solution for that. another possibility is your card reader could be too slow - i have that issue on my wife's laptop. trying to play direct from the memory card gives horrible stuttering, but if i copy the files to the C drive first (like on the desktop or something) they play perfectly from there. that could end up being a simple solution for you, assuming your CPU can handle playing true 1080p+ files.

Thank you guys all so much for this, I was getting super cheesed that my camera wouldn't allow me to view my recorded files. This cleared it up very quickly and now I'm very happy with everything. I have one question though, does the time lapse feature make the video into a minute (if that's the selected lapse time) or is it for something completely different. Thanks again!!!

I think the time lapse ( video or photo ) take a frame / photo by the intervals you set it to and then just keep going until the battery are spent or you stop it.
At lest that's how it is on the SJ cameras i have.

For "fast" things like people moving around you will want to use a fast time lapse timing ( a few seconds ) if you want something slower moving like clouds you will need a longer time between frames / photos.

I always use time lapse video ( 4K ) cuz i have no idea how to stitch a lot of pictures together to a movie

I think the time lapse ( video or photo ) take a frame / photo by the intervals you set it to and then just keep going until the battery are spent or you stop it.
At lest that's how it is on the SJ cameras i have.

For "fast" things like people moving around you will want to use a fast time lapse timing ( a few seconds ) if you want something slower moving like clouds you will need a longer time between frames / photos.

I always use time lapse video ( 4K ) cuz i have no idea how to stitch a lot of pictures together to a movie

Thanks so much, I am using it to timelapse my 3d printer (if you don't have one I recommend the Anet a8 from gearbest) and that actually made sense and it works good, thanks!

Back