A118C not saving shut down file

kanga

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I have a A118C purchased from BlueSkySea in January 2016 version A118C.20151110.

I have had issues for quite a while with a blue screen and "Card Error" normally when restarting after a shorter stop which I have lived with - just have to make sure it is recording properly.

However what I have now realised is that it is not saving any of the files when I actually switch off the engine. The files show a file size but I am not able to play them - can be anything from a few thousand bytes to almost a full 3 minute file at around 288,000 kbs.

Happy with the video quality but not that if in an accident and the engine switches off I wont have any evidence! I have used different Kingston 32GB cards and formatted them but makes no difference.

Is there any point in updating the firmware?
Is it the capacitor just not holding enough charge?
Any other suggestions to fix - I am looking at getting the A119 but if I can fix this I can use for a rear camera.
Thanks

Has it ever saved the last file correctly or is this the first time you've "noticed" it not saving the last file correctly?

Given that updating the firmware costs absolutely nothing, that'd be the first/best place to start

if that doesn't fix... almost 2 years I think is considered a relatively good life for these cams :)

Has it ever saved the last file correctly or is this the first time you've "noticed" it not saving the last file correctly?

Given that updating the firmware costs absolutely nothing, that'd be the first/best place to start

if that doesn't fix... almost 2 years I think is considered a relatively good life for these cams :)

Yes in the beginning it used to shut down ok. Then I started to get card errors, one card failed completely and had it replaced under warranty but still get the errors mentioned in my post above.
So not sure how long as do not check the footage that often.

Can you please confirm which firmware I should try - all be it I think I will order a new cam first as a partly working cam is better than none at all.

Also does anybody know if I can just fit the A119 onto the same plastic mount (using the adhesive mount on windscreen) as the A118 is currently on? I don't want/need GPS.

Also does anybody know if I can just fit the A119 onto the same plastic mount (using the adhesive mount on windscreen) as the A118 is currently on? I don't want/need GPS.

size is different, would move around on the bracket

Can you please confirm which firmware I should try - all be it I think I will order a new cam first as a partly working cam is better than none at all.

I'm sorry, I don't know, I don't even remember where I got my updated firmware from but if you search A118c firmware or blueskysea a118c firmware there will be some results that should take you to the right one

I'm sorry, I don't know, I don't even remember where I got my updated firmware from but if you search A118c firmware or blueskysea a118c firmware there will be some results that should take you to the right one
Thanks I found several references to later files so will eventually try one of them after I have replaced the current model.

However I also found this topic from 2 years ago and a more recent comment from earlier this year - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/recording-problem-corrupted-files-on-a118c.12676/page-3
Overall it has been a good lesson for me to avoid "copies" in the future and make sure I read this forum first (y)

Back