Strange Problems (screen black, no GPS) [FOUND SOLUTION]

Yen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC, Mini 0803
Today is my first day actually having everything installed and running, and as a test I've got my commute to and from work recorded. However, I've noticed a couple issues that I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing.
  1. Whenever I plug in the GPS module and turn on my car, the dashcam will boot up, display splash logo, then show what its recording for JUST a split second before it all goes black. I tried hitting the power button to see if I could manually bring the screen back, but no matter how many times I press it, it always remains black. When I disconnect the GPS module, the dashcam boots up fine and doesn't black out.
  2. After coming home I plugged my sd card into my computer and viewed the footage via registrator viewer. There is no GPS data: there is no recorded speed, and there is no recorded map information.
I double checked that the GPS ON option is set on the dashcam.
Anyone know what the issue could be? Could it be a faulty GPS module?

Today is my first day actually having everything installed and running, and as a test I've got my commute to and from work recorded. However, I've noticed a couple issues that I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing.
  1. Whenever I plug in the GPS module and turn on my car, the dashcam will boot up, display splash logo, then show what its recording for JUST a split second before it all goes black. I tried hitting the power button to see if I could manually bring the screen back, but no matter how many times I press it, it always remains black. When I disconnect the GPS module, the dashcam boots up fine and doesn't black out.
  2. After coming home I plugged my sd card into my computer and viewed the footage via registrator viewer. There is no GPS data: there is no recorded speed, and there is no recorded map information.
I double checked that the GPS ON option is set on the dashcam.
Anyone know what the issue could be? Could it be a faulty GPS module?

1. That means you have the GPS plugged into the AV port instead of the GPS port. The GPS port is in the middle closest to the miniUSB port
2. See number 1

Really strange problems! :D

Having the same problem and started digging all threads and I know the issue now. So embarassing for a would-be engineer :D

Having the same problem and started digging all threads and I know the issue now. So embarassing for a would-be engineer :D
an engineer was trained to know how to dig and solve problem. Because no one know everything. ;) Dont have to be embarassing :D

Back