A119s cover to kill reflections?

mikek753

Reaction score
Country
United States
hello,

anyone has or tried cover around camera that should block windshield reflections and eliminate needs for CPL?
just some black paper or plastic that sticks to windshield around front A119s lenses?
as example
2D6BE98F00000578-3273093-image-a-16_1444929923666.jpg

thank you for the info ;-)
unfortunately, the OP didn't go all the way and original proposal would cut a lot of view 135-170 angle
Think about what the shape and size of the hood would have to be to NOT infringe into the field of view of the camera. It's just not practical.

Hint: In order to eliminate all reflections it would have to extend all the way to the windshield in all directions.

If you could spray a matte finish on the reflecting dash that would take the shine off it.
I know there is a matte finish shellac but I think it would eventually discolor.

Why not just use CPL? I mean I don't think its primary reason is to eliminate window reflection but also external glare of the sun off external sources. A hood won't do anything to eliminate that.

yes, I have CPL
but, I'd like to not use CPL at night time to have more light coming to camera sensor, as CPL reduces it
also any illumination in car reflects by windshield to camera

looks like it isn't practical to have such hood after all ...

Back