Thinkware F770 Park Mode ?'s

Giant_JunK

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am new here and to Dash Cam so bear with me. I started this new thread because I wanted info specifically on this units parking mode operation.

I have spent last couple days reading but not able to get specific answers to some operational questions. I would like an explaination of what they are/are not and how exactly they work. I see Time lapse. impact and motion detection. I get what those are individually. So here are my questions related to parking mode.

Are Time lapse. impact and motion separate entities or do they all/some run together at the same time? Explain.

Is there any associated audio for any of them? Which ones?

Is there a continuous run mode when parked? Does it have audio?

I saw the Cellink Battery is recommended to keep unit running in Park Mode. Can a Cellink Batt keep it running in full operation when car is shut off? For example, if pulled over and ordered by police to shut car off, how to keep unit running? Common in USA for police to tell you to shut your car off. Unfortunately, its also not unheard of to be violated by police just because they can. I am looking to be able to keep unit runing if police tell me to shut off car and remove the keys.

Thank you,

G_J

P.S. I am also now looking at the BlackVue DR750S 2-CH. Feel free to explain if this one better suits my needs. Mean time I will continue reading and searching.

Last edited:
OK I think I got it all figured out, Manual helps alot. It appears that it will not stay on when ignition is turned off. So I would like a way to run it manually. Now sure how just yet.

I am new here and to Dash Cam so bear with me. I started this new thread because I wanted info specifically on this units parking mode operation.

I have spent last couple days reading but not able to get specific answers to some operational questions. I would like an explaination of what they are/are not and how exactly they work. I see Time lapse. impact and motion detection. I get what those are individually. So here are my questions related to parking mode.

Are Time lapse. impact and motion separate entities or do they all/some run together at the same time? Explain. You can have time lapse & impact OR Motion & Impact not both together.

Is there any associated audio for any of them? Which ones? No audio in parking mode at all

Is there a continuous run mode when parked? Does it have audio? The unit is constantly buffering the video in Parking mode but will only save that if motion / shock is triggered (10 sec prior & after shock or motion), Timelapse will record 1 frame per second the whole time you are parked but again no audio.

I saw the Cellink Battery is recommended to keep unit running in Park Mode. Can a Cellink Batt keep it running in full operation when car is shut off? For example, if pulled over and ordered by police to shut car off, how to keep unit running? Common in USA for police to tell you to shut your car off. Unfortunately, its also not unheard of to be violated by police just because they can. I am looking to be able to keep unit runing if police tell me to shut off car and remove the keys. The only way to do this is if you can find a supply on the vehicle that goes off say 15 minutes after the ignition is turned off (unlikely to find one) or you will need a timer relay like this http://uk.farnell.com/alfatronix/pt10-t/low-voltage-timed-disconnect-10a/dp/2478547 that will keep the camera powered up for 30 minutes after the ignition is turned off. Be aware that the Parking Impact setting won't take effect until the 30 minutes are up.

Thank you,

G_J

P.S. I am also now looking at the BlackVue DR750S 2-CH. Feel free to explain if this one better suits my needs. Mean time I will continue reading and searching.

Back