VIOFO's A119S

I'd figure there is some compromise when you want the best of both worlds (low-light and day-time performance), haha :)
Thanks

The sensor and lens are different on both, A119 does higher resolution (1440p) and will look better as long as there's sufficient light. A119S is a better low-light performer.

I'd figure there is some compromise when you want the best of both worlds (low-light and day-time performance), haha :)
Thanks

As far as video quality goes, neither is a compromise. From the videos posted by users here, the A119 IMO is no slouch in low-light, the A119S is just better.

Also depends on what you're looking for... For example I prefer the narrower FOV on the S, maybe you like or prefer a wider view.

I think the wider view is great for a rear-window cam. The A119 does a decent job in low-light for as far as the rear goes. Whereas in the front--there is no exception. The A119S has its place on the front windshield because of its superior low-light capability. Recently, I received defective A119S unit. From what I've been told by the national distributor here, there has been a recent shift in quality control--Viofo has started using a new supplier for its glass lens, which should in turn, resolve much of the picture quality issues of the A119S (noisy picture / lack of clarity and depth of focus---I couldn't get the camera to pick up on road signs--road signs would appear fuzzy). I'll be getting the new replacement soon and will post an update on this thread.

As far as video quality goes, neither is a compromise. From the videos posted by users here, the A119 IMO is no slouch in low-light, the A119S is just better.

Also depends on what you're looking for... For example I prefer the narrower FOV on the S, maybe you like or prefer a wider view.

Recently, I received defective A119S unit. From what I've been told by the national distributor here, there has been a recent shift in quality control--Viofo has started using a new supplier for its glass lens, which should in turn, resolve much of the picture quality issues of the A119S (noisy picture / lack of clarity and depth of focus---I couldn't get the camera to pick up on road signs--road signs would appear fuzzy).

@jokiin ............ Give us your thoughts on this scenario

@harsh............ What mount are you using in the rear because I think I hear vibrations with bumps in the road ??

I like the excellent audio in this camera

@harsh............ What mount are you using in the rear because I think I hear vibrations with bumps in the road ??

I like the excellent audio in this camera

Which video are you referring to, the latest one from the rear or one of the front ones?

I asked about the rear one

In some of the older videos the vibration was prevalent as I had stuck the EVA foam pad to the GPS mount and not the camera. The rear mount had no padding.

No vibrations post getting A119S specific pads from Foxoffer.

In the latest rear video (few posts back), I'm using a neodymium magnet pasted to the mount. No vibrations.

@harsh........... Can you show me some small pictures of your rear mount and then with magnets

I have used my VIOFO A119S, V2, 7G F1.6 Lens, Sony IMX291 Sensor, GPS and CPL filter for a month now and it has performed to the criteria I expected with no operational issues.
I wanted to be able to record viewing from the car up to 150 ft:
Traffic Lights/Stop and Yield/Railway Crossing
Road Signage
Painted Road Markers/Center Line/Direction Arrows/Crosswalks
Vehicles
Motorcycles/Scooters
Cyclists/Skate Boarders
Pedestrians/Animals
License Plates (within 2-3 car lengths)
It will stay put 24/7 with only the micro sd card being alternated once a month to monitor the camera and extend the life of the micro sd card.
The camera will only be removed if any cleaning is required.
“If” I have any issues in the future the first thing I will do is take the advice of OCD TRONIC and joklin and update my Firmware and go from there.
This is my best, most reliable witness if I ever have an accident.
It’s excellent value to say the least.

Which is the safest and cheapest supplier i can order it in europe?

Back