What would you like in the next firmware for 119S

gse

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Dash Cam
Viofo 119V3
1. Make the bitrate constant with a step change in the menu: 18/24/36 Mb / s.
2. Delayed activation of the DVR with a step setting of 5/10/15/20/30 seconds.
3. Separate setting of exposure time, day / night with automatic switching.

Agree with your suggestions 1-3.
My wishes are:
4. Increase the max.selectable bitrate - to 50 Mbps or more
5. Add Cyrillic characters to the character selection list for user-defineable screen texts like License plate etc.
6. Increase max.possible string length for user-defineable texts (currently, even the text Front Camera is too long to fit in)
7. Remove the Line Monitoring and Front Collision menu entries, if they are not supposed to work, or implement these functions properly, if they are supposed to work
8. Further improve the hot pixels masking to make it effective in dark scenes.

Automatic Daylight Savings Time/Summer Time switching. DST is a stupid idea, but in the USA it is what we have. All we would need would be an extra menu with a list of different options when DST starts and ends. That way, it would no longer be necessary to play around with the timezone offset when DST starts or ends.

And to respond to people asking about the bitrate, I definitely agree that a selectable bitrate (and allowing the bitrate to be increased from where it is now) would be a good idea, but having a constant bitrate would be silly. That would just cause the camera to waste lots of space on un-intensive segments of video. Increasing the target bitrate for VBR would be good though.

Also, as far as bitrate, I have seen it jump well into the 50Mbps range during particularly intensive video (sun flickering through trees), so the chipset seems to be capable of more.

at the expense of bitrate I do not agree that the constant is not needed, the weight of the file will be increased, but the detailing will not be porridge and squares. You can also enable / disable, permanent / variable bitrate in the menu.

give options and let User to decide - don't out smart Users

Display indication recording on the luminous diode.

Sorry for the offtopic but how is the current rate of firmware update going? Is the video quality already better than A119? Is it worth buying over a119?

Sorry for the offtopic but how is the current rate of firmware update going?

Братушка, it can only know Viofo

My ideas:
  1. invert increase/decrease buttons. Right now right buttons is for decreasing values.
  2. and one more which nobody even reported: apply screen saver after locking the video. Currently display remains lit for minutes after video is locked.

A DCIM option would be nice, when enabled, store videos and pictures under the DCIM directory in an 8.3 format.

Also, when you enable time lapse, it would be nice to be able to press the button and have it record an ordinary video file 15 seconds either side of the press.

More More More............ You lot always want more........... Current hardware and firmware stability is more important to me

Be patient and give them time to get stuff sorted in the firmware which is going great IMO

Hmm. a bit strange attitude @Hombré
You forgot we are not buying alpha or beta version of a product. It should be considered final. So what time to sort things you are talking about? What patience?

As much as a manufacturer would like there is nothing perfect and there can be issues which take time to sort out based on various and fast user feedback which is what this site is designed for

Yes the base product could be deemed perfect by manufacturers but never really

Display 3x3 or 4x4 grid on the screen to help with installation. If you want to get fancy, display level like Waylens Horizon :)

In situations where the device is not recording a beep every minute as an alert.

I've suffered both from the display of X's on the screen, and from a prompt that a format of the card was required.

I realize that the detection of Xs would probably require logic within the boot loader, but still some audible alarm would be most useful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

so its worth buysing the S over a119?

S has better color balance. I did screen captures from this video and compared reading license plates that were far away:

My conclusion was that even though the A119 has a wider-angle field of view, the numbers on the plates were sharper than from the A119S.

Also, the A119 has firmware coming that will do an HDR mode and solve one of the biggest problems - over-exposed plates at night. The A119S will never get this feature.

More stability would be best. Apart from my GPS unit being broken. Firmware ver 2.1 won't keep my settings. Everytime I shut the car off. My 119S reverts back to factory settings. Reflashed the firmware multiple times to no avail and lost my Beta 1.7 version that worked flawlessly.

it's dependant on Novatek whether they add the same sort of functionality for the Sony sensor or not

Ok but when this firmware update that adds HDR to the A119 comes out, will the same firmware update add HDR to the A119S?

Back