Sd card stuck in mobius 1 v3 c2

Tony lovelock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 422gw/Nextbase 212G & möbius C3 wide angle lens
as the title states above. Tbh I think I’ve probably taken the sd card out plenty of times since I’ve purchased it (approx may 2016) up until Today it was ‘springing’ in and out all ok. Then today it was not popping out as usual, so had to fiddle abit to remove the sd card with my finger nail. You can hear it slightly click when putting the sd card back in. I read somewhere that the outer case has to be removed and try pushing down on the sd card slot lug contact point? Will I need to dis connect the battery to gain access to this particular area?

Note:Once the sd card goes back in it does record ok

Thanks

*update*

Removed the top cover to the möbius and disconnected battery and slightly prised down on the sd card ejecter lever and tried the sd card and it appeared to be working ok. So I believe the issue was due to a swollen battery outer shielding because when I put the top cover back on I think it’s putting too much pressure on the sd card tray. So I’ve ordered a new 850 mah battery from webbex ‘mini dv camera’ website for £9.99. (Website was listed as a genuine mobius source retailer)

*update*

Removed the top cover to the möbius and disconnected battery and slightly prised down on the sd card ejecter lever and tried the sd card and it appeared to be working ok. So I believe the issue was due to a swollen battery outer shielding because when I put the top cover back on I think it’s putting too much pressure on the sd card tray. So I’ve ordered a new 850 mah battery from webbex ‘mini dv camera’ website for £9.99. (Website was listed as a genuine mobius source retailer)
I would recommend that you try a capacitor in your camera. I had a swollen battery in my mobius and replaced it with a capacitor (and a spare battery). You could have ordered a capacitor from Webbex, expect that I bought the last one in stock earlier today ;) They're a good mobius reseller - I bought all of mine from there, plus spare parts too.

Cheers for the reply! I don’t need a super capacitor tbh as my mobius is always plugged in record & charging as I do long distance driving in my company works van so don’t fancy the chance of the battery going flat lol. I ordered another mobius 1 v3 c2 from webbex in addition to buying the new battery as will put the new mobius in the family car. For that I’ll probably order up one of those helmet strap mounts and adapt it for the windscreen

Cheers for the reply! I don’t need a super capacitor tbh as my mobius is always plugged in record & charging as I do long distance driving in my company works van so don’t fancy the chance of the battery going flat lol.
If you're constantly charging the camera battery for hours in your works van, that's probably what led to it swelling like that. You will get reduced battery capacity over time, to the point that it will not retain enough charge to properly save the last file - which is usually the one you need most. The power required to charge and top up the capacitor will be negligible on your van's battery, especially if you're driving long distances.

I say long journeys I mean probably like hour & half max some days. But generally over an 8 hour it’s probably charging/recording for around 3-4 hours max, probably approx at 30-45mins at a time. I’ve had it charging/recording since may 2016 and it’s been fine just upto now I’ve had no issues with it what so ever.

Cheers

That’s fair comment

Back