Thinkware Parking Mode - switching on/off

shumv

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
hi all, i just installed my F800PRO, but can't figure out how to best utilize parking mode.
basically, i only want to turn on when i'm out and parked outside during the day, and switch it off when i'm parked at home in the garage(so it won't drain the battery as chance of accident is low).

i came up with below options:
- upon arriving home, turn off the unit just before i switch engine off (as it will go into sleep mode after switching off engine thus can't do anything about it then)
- upon arriving home, turn off parking mode in the phone app just before switching engine off(not sure if i can still use app to turn off once unit goes into sleep mode)

any thoughts or better suggestions? thx a ton

They are your only choices really. Should be able to power off the unit when the ignition is turned off though. Hold power button for about 5 seconds and should get the 'shutting down tune' (Assuming you have volume turned on)

I have an F750 and am in the same situation. When I park in my garage I pull the power plug out of the unit to stop it as its quicker than using the button.

Yes pulling the plug is another option but I felt that was a bit too primitive way

also I cannot setup hotspot yet and gets disconnected within a minute if thru wifi a real bummer

What issues are you having with the hotspot? How far can you get? What platform are you using (iOS / Android)? I will see if i can help!

I was in the last step of the initial set up, am using ios. In the iPhone wifi setting page it says 'connected to the internet' but when I go back to the app and press connect it fails everytime Thx so much

It's best to use the power button to turn off the device since it will turn itself back on. The app takes too long and unplugging runs the risk of forgetting to plug it back in.

I was in the last step of the initial set up, am using ios. In the iPhone wifi setting page it says 'connected to the internet' but when I go back to the app and press connect it fails everytime Thx so much

Being honest i haven't even done an iPhone pairing to the F800 Pro yet, i'm an android man. I have seen some though that when they have had a failed attempt each time it leaves the WiFi network name logged to the camera settings which then confuses the camera if you try again from that phone. I would factory reset the F800 (power the camera on and then let it start recording and then press and hold Manual Record button & Microphone button together for a few seconds - you should hear some rapid bleeps) then watch the iOS video (http://www.chameleondirect.co.uk/wo...0-pro-connection-to-smartphone-android-apple/ - if you haven't already) and then try again from fresh. Let me know what happens......

Back