F800 Pro and external GPS?

cynix

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Does anyone know where is the cheapest place to purchase an F800 Pro front & rear kit and the external GPS antenna? I'm in Australia so hopefully won't need to pay VAT or sales tax when buying from European/US sellers.

You won't need external GPS antenna as F8000 / F800 Pro has one build in.

You won't need external GPS antenna as F8000 / F800 Pro has one build in.
I need external GPS because my windscreen is metallic and blocks GPS signal. I need to put the antenna at a very specific location, but can’t mount the dashcam there.

Ahh. Understandd

You might need an extension cord since the cable that the GPS comes with is quite short.

Ahh. Understandd

You might need an extension cord since the cable that the GPS comes with is quite short.
The problem is, I can’t even find any shop that sells the external GPS. All I can see online are ones designed for older dashcam models.

Thanks, I'll know to check next time... I already had a friend of mine in the UK buy it for me, and put it in the post...

Hey guys. I have just joined the forum and was wondering if the GPS in an F800 Pro, can be used to track the location of the vehicle without any cellular device in the vehicle?

Thanks for confirming. So I will need a cellular device in the car for the gps features to work. Correct?

Thanks for confirming. So I will need a cellular device in the car for the gps features to work. Correct?

if they offer web or app based tracking of the vehicle (not sure if they do or not) or any type of parking monitoring it would need an active cellular device with a constant connection to the camera in the vehicle for this to be possible

Instead of a mobile phone, you can use a LTE Portable Wifi Router.
If you're gonna use a phone, you can just track the phone instead of the dashcam.

See at 2:57:

Back