My Mobius 2 / M2

The current beta i have on my M2 dont seen to have any changes for the low light side of things, but the daytime footage do seem to have gotten a lift as far as i can tell comparing to older footage.

If so, I hope you guys see another Beta where low-light performance too is addressed before any public release. Been a little over three months, not complaining but am getting a little impatient.

I think there will be a new public release soon, and then the guys attack low light next.

At least the comment suggests that it's in the works, (whenever it comes) I hope this time they can match the M1, if not surpass it on this go.

Yesterday's videos from the M1 had the exposure and contrast set to -10 and +10 respectively.

Few more comparisons with M1 (now) at its default settings.

Mobius - (F.W V. 2.41)
- 1080p @ 30 FPS, WDR - On, Bitrate - 18 MB/s, CPL - No.

Mobius 2 - (F.W V. 2.03) - 1080p @ 60 FPS, WDR - Off, Metering - Centre weighted, Bitrate - 42 MB/s, EP - Bright-light.

Evening

M1

M2

Combined

Streetlights

M1

M2

Combined

Last edited:
Tailing headlights (low-beam)

M1

M2

Combined

Tailing headlights (high-beam)

M1

M2

Combined

Looks like we're getting close to parity with the M1. Unless something eats up the budget or SG gets their new 2ch cam on the market first, I'm sitting here prepared to buy an M2 as soon as it equals or betters the M1. I don't think I'll have long to wait :)

Phil

Looks like we're getting close to parity with the M1. Unless something eats up the budget or SG gets their new 2ch cam on the market first, I'm sitting here prepared to buy an M2 as soon as it equals or betters the M1. I don't think I'll have long to wait :)

Phil

Under some conditions, yes. With daytime already improved in the current Beta as per Kamkar1, night-time improvement shouldn't be too far away.

Going by how well SG have tuned the AR0330 and the IMX322, I for one expect their upcoming IMX291 cameras to outperform the competition and then some. I'd definitely wait.

Last edited:
Sorry guys.. false alarm!

There seems to be an issue with my phone, as now it isn't connecting even with the M1. Tried using a different device and both the M1 and M2 turn-on and connect without a fuss.

OTG is working just fine! :)

Double false alarm!

Nothing wrong with the phone either. Was just a couple of lint blobs around the phone's Micro USB port.

Last edited:
Time-lapse

What settings did you use for this? I see it was about 45min. Was that a full battery charge, or did you use external power?

What settings did you use for this? I see it was about 45min. Was that a full battery charge, or did you use external power?

The battery on my M2 doesn't last more than 15-20 minutes, used a power bank.

1080 @ 60, Metering - multi-spot, EP - Bright light. Sped up 30X.

The battery on my M2 doesn't last more than 15-20 minutes, used a power bank.

1080 @ 60, Metering - multi-spot, EP - Bright light. Sped up 30X.
OK, thanks. I was wondering if you created the time lapse from individual photos, or altered the speed of a video recording.

The latter.
What application do you use to speed up the video. Tried two of my free video apps but neither of them can do it.

Probably a minority but since I'm still using my M2, thought an update is in order.

Remember buying it thinking that with ongoing firmware development the image quality would eventually surpass the M1 but we all know how that went. Had it shelved for about six months and kept checking out new firmware releases but the noisy and grainy image didn't change. Instead of putting it back in the drawer, mounted it looking inward from the rear to try capturing the sides. Surprisingly the M2 worked well for such an application but as the wiring to make it point inward looked messy, ended up removing it altogether.

Six months back I gave it another go, mounted it back with a little cable management and have been using it since to capture the sides.

129-1-png.40758

With metering set to Multi-Spot and Exposure Priority set to Bright-Light, as mentioned works rather well.

Looks like the sensor is gone. Will open it up and see if reseating the cable helps.

Brought it indoor and before opening it up tried a different micro SD, it's working, like nothing ever happened. Hasn't been recording since April end! Tried the Micro SD that I was using with the M2, again, recording like it never skipped a beat.

Lots of small files before it stopped working. And the purple is there too towards the end of all some of the abrupt files.

Back