Dashcam, kinda

Sabe

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Dash Cam
G90, GT300W, Mobius A, C
Looks easy, i'm sure i could land like that in a flight simulator:)
We have some places here and there where higways are made ready to land for military aircrafts for use when russian attack here again, this is dry run for new pilots.

holy crap that was loud!

here in the US, the Interstate Highway system was designed to be used as temporary airstrips so that even if they bombed all our regular runways, we could still use the highways to land/launch planes.

holy crap that was loud!

here in the US, the Interstate Highway system was designed to be used as temporary airstrips so that even if they bombed all our regular runways, we could still use the highways to land/launch planes.
I-10 would be perfect for landings planes. I did not know that about the design.

holy crap that was loud!

Truth is (at least as best as I can find) that's not true - this is just one source:

https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/publications/publicroads/00mayjun/onemileinfive.cfm

Edit: Just to clarify, I had always heard the same design theory and was looking for confirmation when I just stumbled upon 'the truth'. So much for believing everything you hear. :(

Last edited:
So, what was the point of that manoeuvre?
Pilots practice landings on to those roads regular basis but since it's public road which has to be closed at the time this is method that cause least disturbance, and basically that was succesfull landing and take off.
Sometimes they have bigger operations like this one here, then they use stopping cables also.

Yeah that guy nailed that parking, but i think he forgot he was flying and not driving.

first time i have seen a airplane do a handbrake parking :D

Back