"Best little stealthy cam"

voon

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Yeah .. people love "best" I know. Let's say I want to keep it below say 150 bucks. I need it stealthy and small, so it can hide nicely .. either with a small suction cup for mount or soemthing, otherwise sticker ... or I'll 3D print something myself. As long as the cam is reliable and small. Screen is not an extreme must, bute useful (but must be able to disable it to not reveal the cam at night). Also, somewhat available ... some models seem to be close to impossible to get or so scamridden, there's to much risk to get crap.

Suggestions please?

Is it the Mobius on the front page? Or are there other options by now as well?

Okay :) Can you trust AliExpress with a search of Mobius C2 to get the Mobios 1 with the fixed c2 objective? Or is there a lot of scam crap with that cam?

AE has it's own 'buyer protection' scheme similar to paypal. It's optional and has a small fee but from what I've heard it works, albeit slowly. If you use it you should be OK.

Phil

I see thanks. Do you know what the battery/capacitors are about? I thought most dashcams are just fed by USB cable?

Okay :) Can you trust AliExpress with a search of Mobius C2 to get the Mobios 1 with the fixed c2 objective? Or is there a lot of scam crap with that cam?

There are exact clones of the Mobius action cam floating around out there so be careful.

See this link for info: https://www.buymobius.com/pages/how-to-tell-if-a-mobius-camera-is-counterfeit-or-fake

I would recommend authorized Mobius vendor Banggood as an an alternative to AliExpress. Also, eletoponline365 on eBay is the manufacturers direct sales outlet. Both sources are 100% reliable and the real deal.

Last edited:
Hi

I am thinking of getting a mobius. I want something discreet. But I am a bit confused - what lens should I get A2, C2 or D?

I must have the ability to read number plates easily. Ive seen some posts complaining about inability to read number plates....

Thank you!

The A lens and i assume the newer A2 lens are narrow FOV lens, the C2 and D lenses should have a wider FOV which are generally what you would want for a dashcam.

Thank you - will the C2 or D lense enable me to see number plates easily?

The A2 lens offers about 90º coverage vs the approximately 130º coverage of the C2 & D lenses. The A2 is quite suitable for dash cam use and will better capture plate numbers in certain circumstances. Some people prefer the A2 in their dash cams but it will offer less coverage or either side of your hood. (bonnet)

@naf123, keep in mind that if you are not happy with the FOV from whichever lens you decide upon, you can always just buy a different lens module for your camera. That's one of the great key features of the Mobius.

where do you find these lens from?

If you want to buy locally from an authorised seller I recommend Webbex https://www.minidvcameras.co.uk
I've had a few mobius cameras from them, plus spare parts. They're more expensive than buying from eletoponline365, but you get the item next day and can get local support if you need it.

I note their website is down at the moment, but they are usually a very reliable seller.

@naf123, Should add that whatever lens you buy with your Mobius 1, you still can set it to narrow or wide FOV on Msetup on a PC when you're setting it up. You also can change it to your preference whenever you wish should you change your mind. There are other customisable settings too.

Back