mobile Memory Card Readers Lightning USB SD Micro SD OTG Card Reader for iOS + android

i'll have to re-write the first post soon. I've purchased a couple other lightning SD card readers that use iDiskk Pro, iUSB Pro and I-EasyDrive apps which all seem to have the same original developer and structure. all of them work pretty well for my uses but i'll have to check out the broken audio issue that @Street Guardian USA is experiencing.

The cameras you use, use an audio codec the developers have working correctly in the apps.
SGZC12RC = Zoran
mini0805 = Ambarella A7LA50
A119 = NT96660

All these products produce videos that play back both video/audio via all the various lightening reader apps you mentioned.

SG9665GC uses NT96655

A118/A118C/A118C2/GW1-S (and many many others) use NT96650

For some reason NT96650/NT96655 based dashcams encode audio in a way that isn't compatible with various lightening reader apps. Video is fine. If you "copy" the full video to the local iOS device, both audio/video plays back fine. Only real time playback via the various lightening reader apps fails to play.

The new Street Guardian SG9663DC uses NT96663 and both audio/video plays back fine via all apps.

Last edited:
Good news for the wecodo, and similar devices that use the same iUSB Pro app below.

A recent iUSB Pro app update added the missing audio codec. (for NT96650/NT96655 dashcams)
I just verified audio can now be heard with direct playback via iUSB Pro iOS App
(no need to transfer the file locally first to get audio)
9axQpczl.png

This is the current recommended reader:
(uses the same app) Confirmed working on iOS 11 too

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01LR4HJHO
hS6W41tm.png

I got the Wioboy a couple weeks ago based on this thread. I'm impressed with it. Easily transfers video to the app or iOS Photos app (along with other options like email, cloud services, etc.) or you can play/view straight from the card.

The unit that I got is slightly different than the one in the pic in that it has a USB end, with a very tiny sliver of it serving as a slot for the microSD. Of course, there are no directions specifying this so it was a 20 minute exercise of discovery with me almost losing/breaking my microSD card and convinced I was sent the wrong item. The USB end allows the whole thing to serve as a charging cable, but I'm not crazy about the design. I would have preferred the one in the ad/picture (even now Amazon doesn't show the USB version) but it's tolerable. The thing works like a charm.

Anyone have any alternative cables that work with iOS/iPhone? I have the previously mentioned cable and it worked great on my iPhone 5S with iOS 10. But the same cable doesn't work, at all, with my iPhone 8 with iOS 11. Everything else works fine with my iPhone, just not this cable. I even bought another one, thinking my cable was bad, and the other one didn't work either. Now I'm looking for another solution for on-the-go footage retrieval, should I ever need it.

So, it sounds like maybe this is an iPhone 8 / iPhone X issue.

i now have an iphone x. i’ll check the three lightning readers that i have later tonight. i have a few projects to work on around the house first. ✌

i now have an iphone x. i’ll check the three lightning readers that i have later tonight. i have a few projects to work on around the house first. ✌
Thank you.
Any updates @abarth ?

Last edited:
pardon the late response. i always get busier than planned. i had a chance to test out the superfly lightning micro SD reader. it uses the i-easy drive app. when i plug it in, the phone asks to open the app like usual. when it launches the app, it shows the phone storage as well as the micro SD card. when i go to select the SD card, the app crashes. i’ve reinstalled the app as well as a hard reset but the problem persists. boo! i’ll try my other two readers when i get a chance.

7D081F5C-D30A-451F-A7EF-4D93849B8331.png

and i’ve tested my other 2 readers. the other USB cable type like the one i just tested doesn’t get recognized at all. it works as a charger and data cable but not much more. now the good news is that the original reader that is on my first post works!

Attachments

• BDB4192A-3A43-4F80-A66C-0C9C2FE31A31.png
    BDB4192A-3A43-4F80-A66C-0C9C2FE31A31.png
    324.8 KB · Views: 11
and i’ve tested my other 2 readers. the other USB cable type like the one i just tested doesn’t get recognized at all. it works as a charger and data cable but not much more. now the good news is that the original reader that is on my first post works!

Does the USB cable type one look like this?

that's the exact one. just different branding. the one I purchased doesn't even have an amazon page anymore. I hope that's not the one you purchased! :p

I asked about that one because looking at threads here it was the most recommended (here and here) until all the issues came up with iPhone 8 + iPhone X.

It's good to know we have two SD card readers that are confirmed to work (the one you have @abarth and the one @Matt_V939 has).

Are you using the i-FlashDevice app or the iDiskk Pro app for the adapter that's working? The Amazon page says to use the i-FlashDevice but your picture shows iDiskk Pro which is interesting.

Back