Gibson99's Dashcam Chronicles

hmm... i can drive for almost an hour each way and get angry at galleria-area traffic...
Why I said 'local' (in quotes). :D

...or i can click the mouse a few times, pay a tiny bit LESS, and have it on my doorstep in 2 hours.....

Wish we had that service here - or maybe I don't since I spend way too much with Amazon as it is.

...plus i don't want to end up on the first episode of Hoarders, Digital Edition.

You could co-star with me. :(

Why I said 'local' (in quotes). :D

Yeah, nothing (other than groceries, gas stations, parmacies, etc) is close in Houston - it's massively spread out. but in some ways that's good. you don't feel crowded in very many places. even downtown doesn't feel too crowded on workdays, except maybe during the lunch hour. it helps that a lot of downtown is covered by an underground pedestrian tunnel system that's air conditioned and has lots of shops and restaurants inside, so we don't have to go out in the heat just to grab a bite or get to a different building. unfortunately, the tunnels don't come anywhere near mirroring the street grid, so it's easy to get lost in them.

You could both star in Garage Sale Wars instead and see which would make the biggest amount of money. :p
i'm not sure if that's a joke or what - never seen the show. but my house isn't THAT cluttered. we did manage to get rid of a lot of stuff (mostly kids toys and clothes that they'd outgrown) before we moved in August, so that helps. and i finally have an actual office (the smallest bedroom) - at our last house, i was relegated to one corner of the master bedroom, which wasn't ideal, especially when i had to work late since it kept my wife awake as well.

edit: actually you can see a little bit of the inside of my house in my latest review (done while we were still unpacking - i needed a break!), where i'm flying a micro-quadcopter that i'd just installed a micro camera/VTX combo onto: skip ahead to 14:10 (kids play room) or 17:28 (office, entry/hall/dining)

Last edited:
wow - it's been almost exactly a year since my last one (time flies!) so here's another collection. one day, i'll find some spare time and get caught up. (yeah right)

Back