Suction cup mount for 45, 55, 65W now available

Here it is in action:
IMG_20171016_131036.jpg
Looks like a good option for those who use multiple cars or don't want to stick anything to their windshield. Ball sizes: 16mm (mount side), 8.7mm (cam side)
Still testing for vibrations.

Update: Good sturdy mount, no vibrations or shaking, well worth $9.00.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting, I don't need one but it's good to know they exist

Thanks for the tip. Just today I bought one of these.

Thanks for the post. I have been looking for a suction cup mount but haven't found anything until your post. I am wanting it to use on my trip to Hawaii on the 20th of Feb. They say it will be here between Feb. 21st and April 9th but I am hoping it will be sooner. I want to be able to use my Garmin 55 to record driving around the island of Oahu. :cool:

So did you end up getting it in time ? Glad to have found some feedback on this mount as I wanted to use the cam in rentals and Garmin's permanent mount, while sleek, certainly wouldn't work well for that !

Unfortunately I didn't get the mount until after I got back from Hawaii. But I must say, it is a pretty good mount. It is of good quality and the suction sticks good. I have seen some suction cups that fall off after a few minutes but this one stays on as long as the window is clean. I tried it on the outside of the window that was a little dirty and it didn't stay on very long. The only complaint I would have is that it is a little big but that's not a biggy.
I ended up using my Garmin mount in Hawaii and I was surprised how easy it was to remove when I was ready (had to unwillingly) leave. The car rental company never knew it had been there. Luckily Garmin puts an extra 2 sided sticky pad in with the dash cam so I can use the 2nd one on my car back home

Thanks for the feedback on the mount. Good to know the original mount isn't that hard to remove either.
Did you use the Travelapse feature in Hawaii ? That's really what attracts me to the 45 (or 55, 65w being a bit expensive...) as my new dashcam. I've searched high and low and this seems to be the best and easiest option out there to get quick and full memories of a roadtrip. I suppose you could use an ActionCam set to 30/60 seconds and "hyperlapse" it but you wouldn't get the same "granularity".

I didn't use Travelapse. I just recorded every time I went out, which was daily. I will have to spend quite a while editing videos as I have hours and hours of them. We rented 2 cars for the month and drove all over Oahu rain and shine so I will have lots to pick from. I am hoping to get lots of views of things that I didn't see because I was driving and there was lots of traffic to watch instead of the scenery.

Sounds like you have your work cut out ! I have a ton of footage that I'll probably never get around to deal with...What's nice about Travelapse (haven't tried it for myself) is that you can still record any video you want while Travelapse works in the background and records everything. That way you can use video for the "best" parts.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Garmin Other 5
Back