What micro SD card are you using in your Mini 0906?

spaceballsrules

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
AGPtek GD26 > F70/i1000 > FineVu CR2000G > Mini 0906
Just curious what everyone is using with their Mini 0906, and what their experience has been so far.

I am currently using a 64 GB Lexar 633X (Class 10 U3) that I bought a little over 2 years ago for use in another dashcam. I get 3 hr 40 min of record time with the Super Fine setting (20 Mbps). I randomly check files and, so far, I have had absolutely no corrupt files or missing footage. I format the card before files start overwriting, so I haven't been able to check whether that function is working properly, though.

I would like to get more record time, so I am looking at getting a 128 GB Samsung Evo Select. It seems like a really good option, especially for the price. It is U3 rated and the advertised write speed is 90 Mbps.

I have also thought about reducing the actual file size by switching the quality to Fine (15 Mbps). I haven't tested the Fine setting yet, but the Super Fine setting seems to have some "noise" when filming leaves in trees blowing in the wind and such. Not sure if switching down to Fine would have any effect on that. Thoughts?

I test it with Samsung 64Gb EVO Micro SD XC U1,It is ok!

I would like to get more record time, so I am looking at getting a 128 GB Samsung Evo Select. It seems like a really good option, especially for the price. It is U3 rated and the advertised write speed is 90 Mbps.
Should be fine, a lot faster than necessary. Let us know the result when you test it.

15Mbps didn't look too good to me when we were testing the prototypes, 20 looks much better although it still has some blockyness in the backgrounds at times, not sure why, 20Mbps should be enough for 1080 on a Novatek processor.

we tested SanDisk 128GB here it works
I hear somebody tested 256G OK but I don't have a chance yet.

seems we can get a big business opportunity for a USB3.0 card reader ;);)

I'm using a 128 GB Samsung Evo Plus.

Front & rear video quality seems great, the only problem I'm getting is that it doesn't overwrite. I suspect that's more likely a setting I've got wrong. Will need to investigate further.

I have decided to buy Kingston micro SD 64 GB. I had to return them (two of them) 3 times in a one year!Than I bought Sandisk Ultra Micro SD. I have to return them only once (two of them), however I am using SSD SD8SB8U512G1122 in my PC without any problem...Before 2 years ago (approximately), I bought Transcend Premium 400x MicroSDXC UHS-I Class 10, 64 GB. 2 for digital camera, one for dashcam, one for a smart phone.

I don`t have any problem with them so far.

I have gone with a samsungEvo 64GB. - they were on sale at local office store. I have two - I have decided to archive footage (don't ask why - just because...) so plan is to pop one out, pop the other in, and plug the original back into the computer to xfr to a spare archive drive.

What would be handy is a table of expected storage life i.e for a front and back 1080 x 30 fps, it will consume xxx+/yy MB per minute, so I will get X hourts on a 64GB card - my odometer has an hoursdriven since last reset, so it's wasy to watch for when the card is getting full, that away.

Toshiba Exceria (U3) 32GB and Sandisk High Endurance 64GB with no issues.

if a 32GB microSD card:
recording time.jpg

I bought a Lexar 633x 32Gb last week, insert into Mini0906 for 2 hour of recording, start to fail (write protected error and cannot format). Damn it. I bought another sandisk high endurance 64gb, will update after test it.

BTW, I find 32GB is SDHC and 64GB is SDXC, that should not be the reason for my failure, right?

Last edited:
the old Lexar 633x and 333X were marked with MLC, which are highly recommended but we are not sure the new ones, the MLC mark is removed.

and you may need to care about the purchasing source. too many fake items on internet and shop.

the old Lexar 633x and 333X were marked with MLC, which are highly recommended but we are not sure the new ones, the MLC mark is removed.

and you may need to care about the purchasing source. too many fake items on internet and shop.

Thank you. It may just be a defective product from my point of view, which is my bad luck. I bought it from amazon and sold by amazon not 3rd party. They have agreed to refund me (lexar also provide me the RMA number but I would prefer refund).

Samsung 128GB Evo Select from Amazon (the green one). I'm a little surprised though. I thought it amount of storage would last a little longer. After what seems like a days driving (3 hours?) I'm down to 8gb?

Back