Any more news on the rear plug in camera for 512gw ultra

simonwwfc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 512gw 1440 hd quad
so far I'm really happy with my first dash cam I bought from Halfords only around six weeks ago to be honest I haven't really messed around with settings as I have it in my work van as I'm a white van man delivery driver . I've heard there's a rear view camera going to be available for the 512gw ultra any more news

"due in autumn" I think is all we have to go on for now

Hello Both,

I have your user name on my desk here @simonwwfc ready to message you once its released.

Its in the final testing stages now, all is looking well for October.

Can I be on the list too? :p

Hello Both,

I have your user name on my desk here @simonwwfc ready to message you once its released.

Its in the final testing stages now, all is looking well for October.

Hi Tiffany - can you add me to that list too please? I'd like to know when it has been released.

Hi Tiffany - can you add me to that list too please? I'd like to know when it has been released.
Name added SGG, I think I'll do a post here tagging everyone in one go.

You're going to have some impressive files @J-K do you have the sticky pad for the rear? The heating elements on the rear window will cause the vacuum seal to break on the suction mount.

I’ll use the adhesive mount that comes with 612GW for rear. Don’t like the adhesive pad visible on outside. So going to stick it under the third break light cover just above the rear windshield in the centre.

Attachments

• 3D9BB6C7-43C0-4C90-86BA-1A7EB1B97320.jpeg
    3D9BB6C7-43C0-4C90-86BA-1A7EB1B97320.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 36
Rather than add all your names to tiffany's list, wouldn't it just be easier to keep this thread on watch and tiffany can just post here?

Otherwise by the time she's finished notifying you all, they'll have sold out :D

That looks pretty good @J-K I bet the files come out lovely, please make sure this doesn't distract you though.

@DashcamDPR Haha I will post here too :)

The latest firmware (R14.6) includes the software to allow the rear cam to record files onto the 512GW SD card, please make sure this is installed in preparation if you are thinking of getting it.

Its done via "update dash cam" on Replay 3 (Windows).

That looks pretty good @J-K I bet the files come out lovely, please make sure this doesn't distract you though

Haven’t had the chance to position it properly yet cars been in and out of garage for repairs. Will get it sorted eventually and post some videos.

Back