Memory card or camera issue or...?

flatlinen

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Hello,

I have Z26L version with 1.5.6 f/w and I can't get consistent bitrate recording at 35mbps (even at 30mbps) 1080p/1296p @30fps and I have much file splits (bitrate drops).
Memory card is Kingston 32GB SDCA3 cl10 UHS-3 which is rated R:90MB/W:80MB and it's also certified on gopro site, so it shouldn't be the problem, but I'm not sure...
Card is not fake, bought it in retail store.
I've tried first with min/max offsets in script, but it's even less consistent.
Now I'm using only offset resolution@bitrate ("CBR") and it's better, but still there is too much splits.
I suspect that the problem is with card, some kind of incompatibility with yi (saw that 4k has/had that issue), but not sure, because I didn't manage to get higher writing speed above ~4.5MB/s (35mbp/s) with other cards too.
I've made test (attached pic) with CrystalDisk (results are similar with h2test too) with different cards, using yi as "card reader" connected to USB2.0 , and this SDCA3 has pretty variation in writing speed from ~3-4.1MB/s.
Card, by itself , is capable to write at much higher speed.
Tested with usb 2.0 card reader it's ~17 MB/s, tested with usb 3.0 card reader is even higher ofc (last image in prtscrn).
Other card, even they are rated slower, seems that working better.
1) integral pro ush-1
2) kingston sdca3 (my card)
3) kingston sdcg ush-3 (80/45 MB/s)
4) verbatim pro ush-3 (90/45 MB/s)
5) kingston sdca3 (my card) with usb 3.0 card reader

Sooo, I'm not sure is it card problem, camera (controller/slot) problem or something else...
Is there anybody who is willing to spend some time to test his yi with CrystalDisk to see are these speeds normal or should be higher?

Thanks!

Attachments

• new test sd.png
    new test sd.png
    631.5 KB · Views: 6
Back