A119 Firmware

GPS is blocked around military installations in China, generally only for a km.........

The ones you are aware of ☺️
I'd expect many other frequencies are also jammed /blocked.

Does the A119 have enough RAM to do a buffered parking mode? It would be nice to capture a few seconds of video from before motion detection. However, it is important to not cheat by using the memory card to store this buffer, as my whole reason for using the parking mode is to not wear out my memory card when it is parked in my garage overnight.

Does the A119 have enough RAM to do a buffered parking mode? It would be nice to capture a few seconds of video from before motion detection. However, it is important to not cheat by using the memory card to store this buffer, as my whole reason for using the parking mode is to not wear out my memory card when it is parked in my garage overnight.

More expensive $200+ dashcams have that internal buffering feature, even my security cam has it. The A119/S models really aren't designed for parking mode, don't expect too much from a $100 dashcam.

But I understand that Novatek is implementing already the buffered parking mode.

enjoy,
Mtz

I don't know on which model of dashcam, but in some chipset or firmware. I don't know more details about how it will be implemented.

enjoy,
Mtz

I don't know on which model of dashcam, but in some chipset or firmware. I don't know more details about how it will be implemented.

enjoy,
Mtz

haven't seen it on any Novatek model yet

if you are thinking when the file save is activated and some seconds before and after is saved this can be done no problem but this is not by prebuffer

please help! i am trying to update firmware on A119v2 from v2.02 to v3.3. But after copying FW file, my camera will not power up AT ALL. Here are the steps I've taken:

1) While connected to a wall charger, i formatted the sd card (64gb lexar 633x)

2) plugged the camera into my computer & copied downloaded FW file to root of camera (upgrading from v2, so i did NOT load LD file)

3) unplugged camera for several seconds

4) when i plug the camera back in, REC button flickers VERY briefly, & then nothing else happens. no power, camera does not show in file explorer. I tried plugging it in to wall charger & same thing - will not power on. (it has been plugged in for over an hour now, & still nothing happening)

please help! i am trying to update firmware on A119v2 from v2.02 to v3.3. But after copying FW file, my camera will not power up AT ALL. Here are the steps I've taken:

1) While connected to a wall charger, i formatted the sd card (64gb lexar 633x)

2) plugged the camera into my computer & copied downloaded FW file to root of camera (upgrading from v2, so i did NOT load LD file)

3) unplugged camera for several seconds

4) when i plug the camera back in, REC button flickers VERY briefly, & then nothing else happens. no power, camera does not show in file explorer. I tried plugging it in to wall charger & same thing - will not power on. (it has been plugged in for over an hour now, & still nothing happening)
Will the camera power on without a memory card inserted?

No, it does not power on with or without memory card

I am using the cords that came with the camera. Everything worked fine before I loaded the new firmware.
So you have tried both cables? With and without a memory card inserted? With a known good USB wall charger?

I would format the card again using the Viofo GUI Format tool found HERE. Then copy the .bin file to the card again using a card reader. Double check you have the correct firmware file. Then place the card back in the camera and power it on. Be sure to use a USB wall charger during the update (not your computers USB port). Update should take less than one minute.

Sounds like your first attempt failed for whatever reason.

So you have tried both cables? With and without a memory card inserted? With a known good USB wall charger?

I would format the card again using the Viofo GUI Format tool found HERE. Then copy the .bin file to the card again using a card reader. Double check you have the correct firmware file. Then place the card back in the camera and power it on. Be sure to use a USB wall charger during the update (not your computers USB port). Update should take less than one minute.

Sounds like your first attempt failed for whatever reason.
I did everything you said, formatting with the Viofo GUI tool, using a card reader, plugged the camera back into a good Samsung wall charger. I'm loading what is now v3.4 from the Viofo website. It still won't power up. I found a 16GB card I had laying around, tried everything with that one as well. Nothing. So I'm pretty sure it's not the memory card. I only bought the camera in May (it's a v2), now wondering if i need to see about replacement??? Or is there a way to try to reload FW v2 back to it to see if that works? (I don't know how to "downgrade")

I did everything you said, formatting with the Viofo GUI tool, using a card reader, plugged the camera back into a good Samsung wall charger. I'm loading what is now v3.4 from the Viofo website. It still won't power up. I found a 16GB card I had laying around, tried everything with that one as well. Nothing. So I'm pretty sure it's not the memory card. I only bought the camera in May (it's a v2), now wondering if i need to see about replacement??? Or is there a way to try to reload FW v2 back to it to see if that works? (I don't know how to "downgrade")
Downgrading is the same as updating. You just need to download the older firmware.

I wonder why they didn't add the HDR comment to this update. or is it still in testing phase?
Still testing I guess. Loaded A119 V3.4 today. No change yet noted from V3.3. No HDR in V3.4.

Back