Hour long car chase with 707hp Hellcat

Raptor1956

Reaction score
Country
United States
OK, this is a LONG car chase video of a guy that stole a Dodge Challenger Hellcat with 707hp. They chase him, well follow him mostly for over an hour and even the helicopters, two of them, can't keep up. He finally runs out of gas and they get him after he beat feet into a field. He was wearing $1800 shoes and stepped into a, well a cow turd. You can't make this stuff up!

Brian

If only one could get that power packet and handling in a old charger, the new ones just dont do it so much for me as the old ones.

I'm not a big muscle car fan though my very first car was one -- a 1971 Mustang Mach I. They tended to focus 100% on making power cheaply using big engines and the handling was at best an after thought. But, I did notice that the Hellcat seemed to handle the quick lane changes very well with no noticeable tail waging so perhaps the handling is not too bad after all.

Brian

O yes the Handling of American cars have gone up a lot :cool:

Take the Camaro of which the 67 SS are a favorite of mine, but there are little handling in that one.
Enter the 2018 Zl1 and take it to the premiere Euro place to show what you are made off, and suddenly a Camaro look a lot better.

https://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

He was never gonna escape

Once they've got you 'tagged' (especially by a heli) then trying to drive out of it isn't going to work. They are too close for you to lose them on the open road, they have other forces joining them, and they can radio ahead of you. If you can't lose the tail quickly and completely you're done for :eek: And the more unique your car looks, the easier it is for them to spot you :rolleyes: This guy will be telling his stolen car tale to the same small bunch of people incarcerated with him for a few years or more- I don't think that was a good trade for the fun and excitement he had for an hour :ROFLMAO:

Phil

My son works for FCA, has driven hellcats, worked on Demon prior to reveal; and my friend has two ZL-1s; one 780 HP the other TBD... 800 to 1,000 hp come spring.

Back