sorry if we've opened the pandora box ;-)

we suppose that you've already defined, if not confidential to share with us in this stage, how the 9663 and GT63D will be positioned in term of technical specs, price, market etc.
available for EU?

Thanks a lot to Joiin's accreditation and we believe the GT63D will be a super star in Guard Trak listing

sorry if we've opened the pandora box ;-)

we suppose that you've already defined, if not confidential to share with us in this stage, how the 9663 and GT63D will be positioned in term of technical specs, price, market etc.
available for EU?

yeah we were't quite ready to announce it just yet but we're not that far off, we plan to start shipping next month

EU pricing and availability I'm not sure, @niko is best one to talk to about that, we've made some firmware changes, some of those you'll possibly find will end up back in the core version but base hardware is still the same, we're not requesting any changes there at this stage

Is there a picture for how it looks on the windshield from outside?

Due to constant test of different dashcams and firmware the cables are not fully hidden but you may see overall installation and comparison in size between 3 Street Guardian dashcams: SG9663DC, SG9665GC v3, SG9665XS v2.

IMG_20171020_152532.jpg

IMG_20171020_152555.jpg

IMG_20171020_111452.jpg

Due to constant test of different dashcams and firmware the cables are not fully hidden but you may see overall installation and comparison in size between 3 Street Guardian dashcams: SG9663DC, SG9665GC v3, SG9665XS v2.

would like to see mini 0906 beside those for comparison

sorry if this has been answered already but is there a GPS mount like the A119? or is GPS built into the main unit?

sorry if this has been answered already but is there a GPS mount like the A119? or is GPS built into the main unit?

Neither, the GPS is external, we looked at all the options and decided this was still the best option for us

Neither, the GPS is external, we looked at all the options and decided this was still the best option for us
oooh yea I recall Jon telling me this awhile ago I forgot. I am glad it is external and not a mount like the A119, I think that is a better design choice.

oooh yea I recall Jon telling me this awhile ago I forgot. I am glad it is external and not a mount like the A119, I think that is a better design choice.

yeah I understand why end users find that appealing, ultimately though we have to look at reliability and performance over convenience

yes, we will be doing the 0906 under the GuardTrak brand which we also own

there will be some others coming, we have a couple of Street Guardian projects taking up all our time right now
Great, just what I don't need - more decisions. ;)

With the DC hitting the streets shortly, I'm wondering if it might be time to delete this thread and start over. It's 100 pages of noise, mostly.

But it is entertaining for sure...

O yeah a new thread with actual feedback on actual cameras in the hands and cars of people will pop up shortly, and this teaser thread will fizz out on its own,

As i recall it was the same with the GC back in the day, and the GC sub forum are all filled with more relevant threads now.

54c4391af0e8.png

6afe1ad01862.png

9607203f937f.png

759d7b018e81.png

011e1e6c75eb.png

5e2e3013bb2a.png

99241e40527e.png

1c1dcbb05ff3.png

Clearly the DC and the 750S dont use the same exposure parameters, and it would seem there is a slight difference in the color saturation parameters too.

On the face of it i prefer the DC cuz the 750S seem to be too unrestrained.

PS. i wish it was possible to have some distance markings in the rear camera footage, sort of like reversing cameras have, not to use for reversing but rather to document how close the car back there actually are.

You could measure and mark with chalk on the ground behind your car, and then in camera menu adjust lines to match markings on ground, and so you know where 1-2-3-4 M are with no doubt.
Or other markings cuz you cant do that close unless you have a car like mine with flat vertical rear window, a sedan will have to make do with 2-3-4-5 M at best )

Back