0906, flash firmware over USB/Windows?

Squeaky Lobster

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Dash Cam
iTracker mini0806, 0906 beta
Hello All

@Rayman.Chan, is there a flash tool for Windows for the 0906 like the one for 0806?

http://mini0806.com/1/post/2015/02/recover-bricked-mini-0806-camera.html

I have the beta unit with firmware 0619. Today I tried to install 1013, then 0829, then 0724 (downloaded at http://mini0906.com/firmware/). But as soon as there is a FIRMWARE.bin file on the SD-Card, the blue light just lights up blue and screen stays dark. When I remove the SD-Card, the cam boots fine.

I have made all the firmware updates until 0619 (0608, 0527, 0524 and so on) so I know I'm not doing anything wrong. Now I just want to try to flash it through Windows USB instead of SD-Card if that is possible.

Regards,
Martin

Hi Gosha

Thank you very much, that was the solution!

How can @Rayman.Chan say "you must [have] missed a bootloader update", I've searched the 0906 subforum now on this bootloader update topic and his post is the only post mentioning this? I have missed it indeed, it is not mentioned in any of the firmware update threads after 0619.

On the bright side, as a note to the 0906: My beta 0906 unit has been working flawlessly ever since I have it. It just works, turns on/off with ignition on/off (I've taken switched live with a piggy back fuse holder thing from one of the aux power sockets) and haven't touched the cam since like 3 months, didn't even look at the footage. Was just checking now and then if the red recording LED is blinking. What is not working in my car are the GPS sockets. The GPS Socket of the 0806 I had before didn't work as well, which is kind of weird because my phone's GPS works, but I know that my windscreen has some special coatings (advertised as "acoustic lamination layer, metal layer that reflects infrared light, electric heating elements throughout the glass, laminated hydrophobic layer applied to the windshield") so I attribute the GPS's non-functioning to that.

Thanks,
Martin

Hi Gosha

Thank you very much, that was the solution!

How can @Rayman.Chan say "you must [have] missed a bootloader update", I've searched the 0906 subforum now on this bootloader update topic and his post is the only post mentioning this? I have missed it indeed, it is not mentioned in any of the firmware update threads after 0619.

Thanks for reminding.
I will create a new topic to illustrate this to the beta users.

Back