my new blackvue cam

fireonhigh

Reaction score
Country
United States
someone please offer me settings to get good quality, i flashed the new firmware , its still veryyyy grainy at night , im thinking to try the thinkware 800 , please help if you can ,thankyouu... forgot to add that oncoming cars look like balls of fire coming at me , its realy bad ,i have the brightness set at 1 .. and can some one suggest a better cam? willing to pay 500 for a 2 channel system ,im new to car cams ,i thought they would be alot better ,its 2017?? or 1702? j/k, im so confused!

That might help. You need the longer exposure time in low-light conditions or the vids will be too dark. Blackvue has never been noted for really good night-time performance; this is their first real attempt at it :rolleyes:

Welcome to DCT

Have you tried turning off the sports mode?

I run mine at 30 fps with enhanced night vision off and brightness at 1.

Dunno if the thinkware is any better as it uses the same Sony sensor.

someone please offer me settings to get good quality, i flashed the new firmware , its still veryyyy grainy at night , im thinking to try the thinkware 800 , please help if you can ,thankyouu... forgot to add that oncoming cars look like balls of fire coming at me , its realy bad ,i have the brightness set at 1 .. and can some one suggest a better cam? willing to pay 500 for a 2 channel system ,im new to car cams ,i thought they would be alot better ,its 2017?? or 1702? j/k, im so confused!

I feel your pain. I paid over $1,100 for all the hardware necessary (cams, batteries, hotspot and service) for my set-up using Blackvue and have ended up with the same "grainy" issues that you have. If I dial down the settings, things get too dark. If I dial up the settings, things get too grainy. The middle ground is no better than DR650s in most ambient lighting scenarios.

This is what ticks me off so much. People talking about how they spent 300, 400 or 500. If you attempt to try what Blackvue advertises by going all-in with the Cloud, then you need additional hardware and for a dual cam system, that can run you between $900 and $1,100 depending on where you buy things. So, it is not just the cam cost. To make things work as advertised, you are out a lot more than just the cameras.

hey guys thanks for the replys,i lowered the res. 30 f30 back view killed the nightvision ,, its better , maybe blackvue will improve it with firmware updates? i hope so ... any how i will be buying the the thinkware 800 also , i need a 4 channel system .. i just thought getting into this ,that car cams would be much better . as long as i can catch a criminal , thats what matters....

hey guys thanks for the replys,i lowered the res. 30 f30 back view killed the nightvision ,, its better , maybe blackvue will improve it with firmware updates? i hope so ... any how i will be buying the the thinkware 800 also , i need a 4 channel system .. i just thought getting into this ,that car cams would be much better . as long as i can catch a criminal , thats what matters....

Killed the "Enhanced Night Vision" indeed. Basically, its efficacy in catching details is nonexistent on my Rear Cam. It is like the Rear Cam of the DR750s is running a completely different image processor, IMO. They (Front and Rear) don't seem the same at all - yet they are supposed to be with the DR750s.

I'm going 4-channel as well like you. It looks like you want full 360 coverage or as close to it as you can get. So do I. I see people walking close to the vehicle from the front and back - then wonder what they are doing until they emerge on the opposite end. Being able to have surround visibility is no doubt better. The only problem is that if you want Cloud service then you only have one choice and it is definitely not a good choice.

Back