My A119 V2

Harsh

Reaction score
Country
India
Logged onto Banggood to buy a housing for the Mobius, ended up buying the A119 as well during one of their sales for $67.

$67. That's cheaper than a Mobius!

This one took unusually long to reach, exactly a month. Received bumped on one side due to inadequate padding and shabby packaging, contents were safe.

IMG_0266.png

Does "No test" printed on the sticker suggest that there's probably a version they test before dispatch?

IMG_0265.png

Few pics of the unit

A119--------1.png

A119--------2.png

A119--------4.png

A119--------5.png

A119--------3.png

VIOFO should consider designing a new CPL for the A119, one that can accommodate the left & right movement of the lens module.

Even with the lens shifted mid-click to the left or right, the CPL doesn't clip on.

IMG_0273.png

IMG_0280.png

@viofo A filter with a broader glass and appropriate clearance. Doable?

Red light leaking through the ventilation holes below the record button, clearly visible through the front windshield.

IMG_0277.png

IMG_0290.png

Starting with some evening video samples.

Encoding by YT introduces varying degrees of artefacts/pixelation in the rendered video (depends on the scene being recorded and lighting conditions). Download the linked RAW file to view the original video quality.

F.W V. 3.3
- 1440p @ 30 FPS, WDR - On, CPL - No.

Evening - Market

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzhtauPDHkX0eGI0RGlBQmViUm8

Dusk

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzhtauPDHkX0TUJWTU1NOWdkNE0

Dusk - Headlights ON

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzhtauPDHkX0TkkwOUYyMEdISUk

More to come.

Last edited:
there is an adhesive CPL made for the A119 that I use for my V1 since there are no notches to attach the official CPL to it. it works as it should and it still allows for left/right rotation. it *may* cost me some clarity but the image quality is still superb in my opinion. also, don't assume that the orientation is correct as the arrow facing up did not give me the best glare reduction.

there is an adhesive CPL made for the A119 that I use for my V1 since there are no notches to attach the official CPL to it. it works as it should and it still allows for left/right rotation. it *may* cost me some clarity but the image quality is still superb in my opinion.

Ah yes, the estore version, totally forgot about that one. Thanks

So ... what's the verdict, harsh? Pros and cons ?
Seeing you have the A119s ... and the SG ... how do they compare?

I'll do a side by side comparison between the A119 and A119S in a few days.
Ok. Thanks. Do a comparasion between the last firmware of both A119 V2 and A119S V2.
Pro, cons... alimentation, photos, parking mode. Image in dark night, in front of light of street lamp, in sunrise or evening sun..
Thanks a lot!

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Very very good work! They are really fantastic. Either in night both in day and against the sun light.
Can i ask you from which vendor do you buy it? I don't know if it is permissed by the forum.. however you can write me a private message ;)
However good work and fantastic dashcam!

Very very good work! They are really fantastic. Either in night both in day and against the sun light.
Can i ask you from which vendor do you buy it? I don't know if it is permissed by the forum.. however you can write me a private message ;)
However good work and fantastic dashcam!

Bought from Banggood (mentioned in the OP).

Logged onto Banggood to buy a housing for the Mobius, ended up buying the A119 as well during one of their sales for $67.

$67. That's cheaper than a Mobius!
What made you decide to buy? Are you dissatisfied with one of your current cameras?

I'm tempted to buy one myself but might hold out for a good deal.

What made you decide to buy? Are you dissatisfied with one of your current cameras?

I'm tempted to buy one myself but might hold out for a good deal.

No issue or dissatisfaction with any of the cameras mounted in the car, all my cameras max out at 1080p.

Mostly curiosity to find out (hands on) whether the slight bump in resolution is beneficial or not. Most daytime 1440p video samples I've come across have looked superior to what I've seen from my other cameras.

Edit:

Also since my Mini 0805 crapped out (first dash cam), always wanted a decent camera with the OV4689.

Last edited:
No issue or dissatisfaction with any of the cameras mounted in the car, all my cameras max out at 1080p.

Mostly curiosity to find out (hands on) whether the slight bump in resolution is beneficial or not. Most daytime 1440p video samples I've come across have looked superior to what I've seen from my other cameras.

Edit:

Also since my Mini 0805 crapped out (first dash cam), always wanted a decent camera with the OV4689.

Admit it.....you're a Dashaholic! :p

Just like the rest of us.....:whistle::D

I do like these little cameras. Guilty as charged. :)

I bought a new dash cam today that I absolutely don't need but I just couldn't help myself. It was the (recently much talked about) Aukey DR-02.

It was too much of a temptation when I came upon the Lightning Deal on Amazon today.....$69.99 marked down to $52.49 plus a 5% discount I had available to me, so $49.87.......plus free shipping!......with only a short time left to make the big decision. :eek:

Perspiration dripping down my face.....I hesitantly reached out towards my mouse with a trembling hand and twitching fingers, muttering to myself over and over...MUST RESIST!...MUST RESIST!! But it was too late as I clicked "Add to Cart!" :wideyed::arghh::smuggrin:

Back