F750 --> F800 ?

monopole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
F750 (firmware updated to F770)
Can anyone confirm that the F800 uses the same wiring, connections and rear camera as the F750?

Looking at their web page, they do look the same for power and rear camera - just wondering if it would be viable and worthwhile "upgrading" to a F800 Pro by purchasing the front facing camera kit only (cheaper) as I already have the F750 and the car is hard wired and using the front and rear camera.

I know it will prob be a sideways upgrade as they say, just a thought :)

The F800 / F800 pro uses a different rear camera; however, the wiring will be the same with a minor change where the plug going into the front unit will be 90 degrees instead of a straight plug. In other words, you will still have to purchase a rear camera and front camera kit for the F800 to work together. The only nice thing is that you can use the same power cable and same rear camera cable.

thanks, so the rear camera cable is the same but it won't use (or recognise) the rear camera from the f750 kit I have fitted?

:(

Yes you will need to get the new rear camera which has the Sony STARVIS sensor.

thanks guys

Does any one think this is a viable "upgrade" over my current, faultless and perfectly working F750 (firmware F770) that I have fitted or as I've said, more a sideways move? £350 (UK) is a lot if the gain is minimal.

I suspect that the move would be pointless by the fact mine hasn't skipped a beat in 2 yrs of use, nearly 18 months of that with a Lexar 128gb card. Image quality may be improved with the F800 but in reality, I haven't had any quarrel with my camera quality. Look... I've pretty much talked myself out of it anyway LOL.

if you already have the F770 firmware running then you have most of the benefits already, very little to gain for a rather large upgrade cost

I agree. If you have the F770 firmware then this upgrade is not needed. The only reason to upgrade is if you want to run a 4 channel setup.

Back