Idiot

sone983

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Dash Cam
Yi dashcam,VIOFO WR 1
I evalueted that would be smarter to back up and let this guy pass to avoid any verbal or physical contact with him. Look on of his eyes and expression of his face told me that he's in condition to exit from his car and try to prove his right even by his fists...and all people in my country says that "Smarter ones back up", but question is "Until when" or "How many times"

Last edited:
Looks like you made a good choice. Is there a rule about who should give way in this kind of situation?
Skippy

^^^ The rule is 'who has the higher IQ/more patience/more will to live...

:)

^^^ The rule is 'who has the higher IQ/more patience/more will to live...

:)
While I 100% agree with that it still grinds me because giving way when they are in the wrong only encourages the obliviots to continue doing what they are doing because they get away with it. :mad::(

It's funny how some people make a drama from these passing situations. He would have been delayed less if he had given way to you!! But try explaining that to these people.

Looks like you made a good choice. Is there a rule about who should give way in this kind of situation?
Skippy
I am almost 100% sure that he should give a way to me, obstacles ( parked vehicles ) are on his side and in his lane was occupied even he's going up-hill, both of us are in the vehicles of same category (weight,lenght, etc ). He started to drive in my lane even before he came to spot where they were parked. Dont know for sure but I think these rules apply all over the world.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm not saying I'd automatically do that. :)
I get into situations like this in the truck with illegally parked vehicles, narrow streets, and people in a hurry. I have patience, but it may take the form of sitting where I am, and encouraging them to call the police for some traffic control. :)

I sort of remember that one is supposed to yield to those going uphill in a single lane situation. It looks like you are both on fairly level footing so that may not be relevant.

I sort of remember that one is supposed to yield to those going uphill in a single lane situation.
Only really applies if both people are looking ahead and planning. Once everyone's ground to a halt, who's going uphill is no longer relevant. But you could even argue that reversing uphill should be avoided.

I am almost 100% sure that he should give a way to me, obstacles ( parked vehicles ) are on his side and in his lane was occupied (...). Dont know for sure but I think these rules apply all over the world.
That's the same here in Portugal: as a general rule, motorists who have an obstacle in their lane must give way to those who have a clear lane.

Only really applies if both people are looking ahead and planning. Once everyone's ground to a halt, who's going uphill is no longer relevant. But you could even argue that reversing uphill should be avoided.
People which are going down-hill is easier to brake and stop than the ones which are going up-hill to start moving when they stopped before.

While I 100% agree with that it still grinds me because giving way when they are in the wrong only encourages the obliviots to continue doing what they are doing because they get away with it. :mad::(

But, the obliviots (love that term - I'm going to start using it here in the United States) are reprobate and that means they lack the capacity to act on the difference between right and wrong. It is not that the obliviots don't know the difference. It is that they cannot (even if their life depended on it) act on it. They are full blown liabilities on the rest of civil society.

It starts out as an environmental neurological problem during early childhood. If left uncorrected it then blossoms into a neurochemical problem in very early adulthood. Once the obliviot reaches the neurologically stage of oblivion development, the individual has become a full blown reprobate and completely unable to choose right over wrong - no matter how many dash cams are pointed at him. The poor synaptic mapping (hard wired self induced neural programming) results in constant state of Oblivium as being 'normal' for the individual. We have a lot of those here in the US.

On a one lane road hills may matter, but you are never allowed to enter an oncoming lane of traffic when it is occupied. The word "never" has but one meaning (even if obliviots do not understand it) and thus this rule takes precedence over anything else ;)

The correct answer to the shown situation is to remove the parked cars which block the roadway so that it can be used for travel which is it's main intended purpose :cool:

Phil

giving way when they are in the wrong only encourages the obliviots to continue doing what they are doing because they get away with it. :mad::(
The sad thing is that it only takes one person to give way to them, and they've won and it reinforces their habitual behaviour.
I've lost count of the number of times I've been in slow traffic and been overtaken by someone deliberately using the wrong lane (bus lane, turn lane, etc). They expect to be allowed to cut back in, and sadly someone ahead usually lets them, no matter how loud I scream at them not to. :mad: Unfortunately it takes a lot of awareness, and some skill, to block this behaviour, and most people can't or won't be bothered. They often think they are being helpful. Well they are helping the guy who's breaking the rules, but harming every well-behaved person who has been pushed back a place.

Back to the topic of avoiding gridlock at pinchpoints, I've had a few occasions when I've stopped to allow oncoming traffic to move, only to have some fool overtake me and zoom into the single lane causing a blockage. Now that is annoying, and I haven't found a way to prevent it.

But, the obliviots (love that term...
I do also. Would love to take credit for coining it but someone else here on DCT gets that honor.

Last edited:
In the UK, if there's no road markings then nobody has the right of way.

In the UK, if there's no road markings then nobody has the right of way.
I assume,even,there are road markings this guy would act the same way.

Towards the end at 0:41 is that firewood stacked up on the right.

Towards the end at 0:41 is that firewood stacked up on the right.
Ohhh,yes firewood,because those old building dont have any central heating,some of them use firewood,some heat on electricity device for heating etc.
Hard and long winters,too expensive gas and plenty of wood and forests aroud most of us use wood for winter heating which creates a lot of air polution during winter months,very unhealty enviroment a lot of smoke,smog. Last few years kids have more and more breathing problems and diseases,astma,bronchitis etc.
Not to mention the consequences of 99' bombing with uranium bombs from NATO forces....I will stop here,because I hate politics and dont want to insult any country or anyone from this forum and most of members here are,more or less, from NATO countries.

Last edited:
Back