612GW

It doesn’t need it @J-K but if you do put it on permanently live the camera turns off if no motion is detected (parked up). It’ll then turn back on and record normally when the G-Sensor starts registering data again when you drive off.

Shame that this is going to be another battery powered dashcam.....the day a capacitor goes in instead of a battery is the day I will finally buy a Nextbase.

If it’s only used to save videos safely after ignition off it’s not a big issue is it?

If it’s only used to save videos safely after ignition off it’s not a big issue is it?
Nextbase has had lots of problems with batteries not being reliable. Lipo batteries swell with age and every battery powered dashcam I have owned has done this after 12-18 months which coincided with issues with the dashcams not working as they should do due to loss of capacity and if left unchecked at worse case scenario these batteries can explode.

Capacitors for me but each to their own.

It's my first dash cam just had it for over a month so haven't experienced any of that yet.

I have had no issues with any battery powered dashcams.

Not everyone has problems with batteries. Overheating batteries may do that because of the environment the camera is used in perhaps?

I have had no issues with any battery powered dashcams.

Not everyone has problems with batteries. Overheating batteries may do that because of the environment the camera is used in perhaps?

climate (too cold can be just as bad as too hot) and how they are used has a lot to do with it, someone that just drives to and from work and the car is garaged etc is going to give a camera an easier life than someone that does many hours a day driving and is always exposed to the elements, using while parked is the biggest risk though either way, not something to consider doing if using battery powered cams

@Paul Iddon is there anything new to "intelligent parking mode" on the 612GW or is to the same as 512GW?

@J-K - I don't use it - so cannot say.

I might turn it on to see how it does some time.

Off you go then :)

Slaving till 10 so won’t make it tonight maybe tomorrow.

Where you getting your information from? Still can’t see it on the website so I assume via phone - do you have a product code please?

I phoned the store to check was going to pop out and have a look but they got back too late. Other stores might have it as well.

Ahh cheers. I’ll just go look tomorrow. Thanks for info!

The competition, no prize, is for the first to post a raw file on somewhere like dropbox :)

I'm interested to see how it plays on a 1080p monitor in comparison to the 412 footage.

The problem I have with Nextbase and Halfords, is that we know the markup is ridiculous, and we also know this will be sub £200 pretty quickly with sales/discount codes/discount cards. So I can walk in tonight and buy it for just over £210, but I know even at that price, it'll drop cheaper.

£210?

Where from at that price? The RRP is £250

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alarm man 612GW 25
D 612GW 9
L 612GW 12
megamih 612GW 20
Rickn55 612GW 7
Back