Recommended micro sd card

Tony lovelock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 422gw/Nextbase 212G & möbius C3 wide angle lens
hi guys,

Looking for a back up 64gb micro sd card (class 10 - 48mps) at the moment I’m using an Samsung EVO 64gb class 10 which is very reliable but I want an additional micro sd card for my second mobius 1

Attachments

• 0E822410-CF52-487A-970B-7936B3C07B0D.jpeg
    0E822410-CF52-487A-970B-7936B3C07B0D.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 14
I’m finding it hard to source this particular Samsung sd card online, but when I do find it people have had issues with it (used in phones) so was wondering any over brands? Ie Sandisk or transcend etc

the card has likely been updated to a newer version so you may not find the exact same version, Samsung is still a solid choice

Think I like to use Samsung, they do a plus version but it’s 80mps I think. Would this affect the loop recording as it’s writing speed is faster?

Think I like to use Samsung, they do a plus version but it’s 80mps I think. Would this affect the loop recording as it’s writing speed is faster?

newer cards are better spec than what you have, that's just evolution of the product, that would be fine

Samsung Evo Cards offer Class 10, Grade 1 transfer speed with up to 48 MB/s, and feature 5-proof technology

There’s one from ‘mymemory’ Samsung evo 64gb with description above...this is the same writing speed as my existing Samsung 64gb at moment so I’m assuming this would be ok as it’s same writing speed but better spec

main thing is making sure you get a genuine card, they're all way above what you need for a Mobius

Yes agreed they have to be genuine memory cards, I purchased my current Samsung micro sd card from this company before and the card is nearly a year old now and has been fine. So I’ll purchase the Samsung evo card 48mps and see how it goes. It’s rrp is £24.99

So class 10 would be absolutely fine to operate in loop recording mode on the mobius 1 then?

Cheers

I just bought 2 Samsung EVO Select 64GB cards- so far so good and I don't expect problems since nobody else is experiencing that :D They were cheaper and got here faster than my usual Transcend 400X 64GB cards which are in short supply right now. This Transcend is a definite winner in Mobius with one of mine going at least 1200x and still testing 100% :cool: The Samsung is probably equal but time will tell.

Phil

I just bought 2 Samsung EVO Select 64GB cards- so far so good and I don't expect problems since nobody else is experiencing that :D They were cheaper and got here faster than my usual Transcend 400X 64GB cards which are in short supply right now. This Transcend is a definite winner in Mobius with one of mine going at least 1200x and still testing 100% :cool: The Samsung is probably equal but time will tell.

Phil

Where are you getting them from? Locally for me 64GB cards are very expensive.

Amazon. The Samsung were ~$22 and the Transcend were ~$34 about 5 weeks ago. Samsung fulfilled by Amazon and Transcend are from their Amazon store. Your prices may be different in Canada ;)

Phil

I'm still running the kingston cl4 card that came with my first mobius 1 in 2013. Goodness knows how many recordings it has done in that time but it's still going strong. I run transcend cl10 in my newer mobius cameras - no issues so far.

I'm still running the kingston cl4 card that came with my first mobius 1 in 2013. Goodness knows how many recordings it has done in that time but it's still going strong. I run transcend cl10 in my newer mobius cameras - no issues so far.

One of my original SanDisk Ultra class 10 cards from somewhere back in 2010-2011 is still in service. Amazing! I use it for testing purposes these days rather than anything mission critical but God only knows how many hours of recordings it's made.
An almost identical SanDisk card also of the same vintage finally croaked completely about six weeks or so ago but it surely owes me nothing, especially considering the bad reputation these Ultra cards have for premature failure or going onto read only mode.

These days I'm partial to the Samsung EVO 64 GB or 128 GB cards.

This one in particular is white/grey with red text on it. The sandisk 64gb inside my nextbase dash cam is red/grey and I’ve never had any issues with it *touch wood*

Back