Freezing every few days

I think I'm going to have to upgrade to the lastest firmware and cross my fingers this fixes it. There's no point in a dashcam if all the driving footage disappears!

yes please upgrade to the Oct.13 firmware.
in your situation the driving footage are overwriten by the new videos because most files in the card are LOCKED parking videos.
in the Oct.13 version, the parking videos will not be protected from overwriten so there will be space for driving videos to overwrite.

in the Oct.13 version, the parking videos will not be protected from overwriten so there will be space for driving videos to overwrite.[/QUOTE]
But if some videos was activated by G-sensor when car parking,will it be locked or not?

It will be interesting to see if this solves the issues as there is room for additional parking guard files it is just the larger driving files it misses. When I had this problem it would start recording driving video a few minutes after coming out of parking guard so I'm no convinced it is a full card causing the problem

But if some videos was activated by G-sensor when car parking,will it be locked or not?

G-sensor triggered files are still in lock status. because if there is a G-sensor trigger, the vehicle must be hit.

First day with October firmware and all worked perfectly. I will continue to monitor over the next few days.

Yes it is still in beta so download from link above

The dashcam freeze when trying to change from parking mode to normal mode. It would not respond and need a power cycle to recovery it.
I am using Oct.13 2017 firmware.

The dashcam freeze when trying to change from parking mode to normal mode. It would not respond and need a power cycle to recovery it.
I am using Oct.13 2017 firmware.

format the card before test.
and suggest a better card for massive writing.

when the camera change from parking mode to normal mode, it will execute several steps
1, stop currect recording, end the file
2, switch monitoring mode - easy
3, switch resolution - easy
4, check storage capacity, delete the oldest un-lock file if the capacity is not enough
5, check storage capacity again, may repeat 4# again
6, start a new video file

in your situation i think it freeze on 1# or 5#

So when driving today my wife noticed only the blue light was on. Just checked the sdcard and it hasn't recorded anything for the last 2 days:( Pressing the power button turned the screen on, but it didn't start recording.
I've attached the latest log file. I've no idea how to interpret what's on it, so if anyone has any clues why it would just stop recording at 6:18am 20/10/17 and never start again?

On the plus side, there's no read only files and all the driving footage appears to be there up to when it stopped recording, so that's an improvement.

Attachments

• 20171020_011321.txt
    1 MB · Views: 7
So when driving today my wife noticed only the blue light was on. Just checked the sdcard and it hasn't recorded anything for the last 2 days:( Pressing the power button turned the screen on, but it didn't start recording.
I've attached the latest log file. I've no idea how to interpret what's on it, so if anyone has any clues why it would just stop recording at 6:18am 20/10/17 and never start again?

On the plus side, there's no read only files and all the driving footage appears to be there up to when it stopped recording, so that's an improvement.

I am no expert on reading the log files but it is showing a number of files from 17th October as been deleted. Have you formatted the card recently and have you updated to the October firmware yet?

I'm guessing that's just the files deleted when the card got full. On the October firmware and formatted it after updating.

Hmmm a mystery....maybe Rayman can throw some light on it on Monday. Have you reformatted the card and tested it is working now?

No this has literally just happened. I'm going to do that on my next trip out in a bit. Hopefully it comes back to life.

will send the problem details and the log file to our engineer to check out.
may need your help for engineer questions then, @redrevis

No this has literally just happened. I'm going to do that on my next trip out in a bit. Hopefully it comes back to life.

Worth pressing reset button then format card then restore defaults and then make changes to settings to your preferred options again?

Worth pressing reset button then format card then restore defaults and then make changes to settings to your preferred options again?
Did that, seems to be working OK again now. See how long it lasts for.

Back