Map not showing in PC Viewer

Nevets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, after getting my camera up and running for a trip to Germany I thought I'd download the PC viewer software to play back the footage on the PC should I ever need it.

I have downloaded the latest version from the Thinkware website and installed onto my PC running windows 7 64bit.

Everything works bar the map, which when you select it just shows a white square.
I have tried updating my java, and downloaded a new codec pack to see if this would allow it to be shown alas with no success. I also unblocked the program in windows firewall and tried disabling my anti-virus software to see if it would change anything - but still the same outcome.

I've uploaded a screen shot of what I see.

Any help appreciatedDash Cam - No Map.jpg , and thanks in advance.

Steven

Thanks Quidagis, already tried most of the recommended fixes from that post before making my own... the op had a slight difference in his maps not working.
I see nothing showing at all - just a white screen, whereas they experienced a green screen with the word google instead of the map.

Wondering if it could be a memory card problem with the gps data, I’m using a 32gb Sandisk SD card... I’ll try the supplied thinkware one in case it’s that.

Can you upload a couple of clips to run some tests on Windows and macOS?

Can you upload a couple of clips to run some tests on Windows and macOS?

This is a good plan, if you can upload a couple of clips to the 'Cloud' (Dropbox.com, Mega.nz etc) we can see if they work our end.

I see this topic/post is 5 years old however having just had the Thinkware F200Pro front and rear cameras with GPS professionally fitted to my new car yesterday and having downloaded the Thinkware PC app to my Windows 10 computer today I thought I would view the footage from the Thinkware 32GB SD card..

Everything works fine however I also have exactly the same issue of no maps, just a blank white screen in the top right hand cornerof the PC app.. I tried the same SD card in Dashcam viewer and the GPS maps are present and accurate.. Was this issue ever resolved in respect of no maps showing in the Thinkware PC app??

Just an update on the above Thinkware support has contacted me and state that they are aware of this issue and they are currently looking into the issue with a view to resolving it..

Hello, can you send me this video file, let me try

Sorry, cannot...it is all in hand with Thinkware, I have other software viewers for maps at present such as dashcam viewer so no big issue for me..

The Update for the Thinkware PC Viewer (Windows) is now active. If you open PC Viewer it should let you know about the update.

Back