Now my JooVuu refuses to record

thinkcat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Joovuu X
I'm about as angry to throw my dashcam to the ground and drive my truck over it 5 times. :mad:.

So I finally figured out the dashcam wi-fi thing, so now my phone' is able to connect to the Wi-Fi. And then I would launch the JooVuu App on the phone and try to connect, but it won't. I tried and tried so many times. I disconnected Wi-Fi. Re-connected to the Wi-Fi, but no matter what I do, the app won't connect. I even deleted the App and re-installed the app. Sigh!

And when I gave up on the Wi-Fi thing, now the damn thing just refuses to record. I have my JooVuu connected to a Vicovision Battery management system. When I turn on my truck, I can hear the camera blink and beep. And then it would blink green 5 times, and then just turns itself off. And no matter how may times I press the power button, it won't turn on.

In-order to turn it ON, I have to reset the joovuu by pressing the tiny button next to the SDcard slot using a safetypin. And then when I turn it ON, I could record, ONLY if I press the record button. And if I stop recording, it goes to Stand-by mode, and then switches OFF, and won't turn back ON unless I reset the device.

I have been asking for help on the JooVuu Forum, and I am really not getting any support from them.

Have you checked the SD card ( i know pretty generic solution )

I think the x cam put some files on the card if it have encountered a problem, at least i have seen that some times on mine.
My remaining x cam worked fine with wifi for a long while, but after lying idle for a while i now have problems connecting the wifi and even larger problems getting the app to work with the camera.

WTF is that about
Reading what was posted I got the impression that it's something similar to the light sensor in cars that automatically turns on the headlights. Guessing it's just being used to alter the camera exposure/color balance in an attempt to optimize those for various lighting conditions.

It would be nice if a dual mode camera could change mode my itself, so you could run a high FPS mode in daytime and change to 30 FPS for night time to get best possible low light footage.
And i would prefer this too be done by light levels Vs time of camera clock that could also be used.

Off course you will need light sensor to be tweaked good, on my cheap Chinese PTZ camera i had to cover 2/3 of the light sensor with duct tape for it to be able to change to night mode at the right time / light level..

That blog entry was posted back in May :confused:

WTF is wrong with you so let me say it again........... The website author edited the site which is clearly shown under the black headers on the left

WTF is wrong with you
:p

I fell for it too, but now that you mention it so clear i do see it say today's date in the grey bar above, i can only assume that's something the site put in as some one maybe fixed a punctuation error or something in the post, dont see anything new though it is a while since i first read it.

So it seem there are at least one alive that's affiliated with joovuu :)

p0ZD-fYIlRm0nHcUQEO6KZDfmN2IRC2PV5SBqajVLDeV1XyKSFoaNtTXcn7yZ4rWKe2Ezj3TsVOQJHdP5mbckGB3xjWsV7qjY2YhXhRAIVXQAcFXQ19thnkvh8uFDY6I0zbzn3FRp_K8hF6Z0uYzjyXfJO0h_IMG_BWP7j0nR-lo2R6xfP8DgNKZXSFARAnnX5jlOcwanWNilLeF88I09F9RGaPOiyFZ1lqeW0o8k1bwa-38oPP-HJU4DIiWZp14EgeeM6MyREFBnTfK39T5-f946_t3SenrFMcyONlvOlfOg8Zww1k5gw0suA41mfloG-ABdfo05P__PWgdjAOUBv8zvgs8I1aVIK2x83pdc6fPh7ZmwMT3ixT2aB3VznLMnj0xqFo9MlqVPOrpFeE8XbZQsiE7UySxp9t-en7Cf4-puKkfUULjdahwAVs3aRI78-6A7SVA1VmqzXC_Fyc85H9m2VCPAINgHHpM1Dsg9Ds8r1nfQp-lNPRE-D716qO-gl8Ag1hvMnGkWQWrD16OwDkMkkXMe8BFpsKSe3gyEgFpJgVF5GnNzJMSDLkk4J_BJzyWS3WAf_UBg4c2oAnl6DKDIvl-T-hu0jerwn3trw=w1684-h947-no

WTF is wrong with you so let me say it again........... The website author edited the site which is clearly shown under the black headers on the left
I don't know what you think is wrong with me? :oops: You linked to an article that shows a date in May. I remembered reading this article quite a while ago, so I thought May seems about right. Sorry I missed the October date at the top of the page. I did include a confused smiley as I was genuinely confused by your post. No offence intended.

:p

I fell for it too, but now that you mention it so clear i do see it say today's date in the grey bar above, i can only assume that's something the site put in as some one maybe fixed a punctuation error or something in the post, dont see anything new though it is a while since i first read it.

So it seem there are at least one alive that's affiliated with joovuu :)

p0ZD-fYIlRm0nHcUQEO6KZDfmN2IRC2PV5SBqajVLDeV1XyKSFoaNtTXcn7yZ4rWKe2Ezj3TsVOQJHdP5mbckGB3xjWsV7qjY2YhXhRAIVXQAcFXQ19thnkvh8uFDY6I0zbzn3FRp_K8hF6Z0uYzjyXfJO0h_IMG_BWP7j0nR-lo2R6xfP8DgNKZXSFARAnnX5jlOcwanWNilLeF88I09F9RGaPOiyFZ1lqeW0o8k1bwa-38oPP-HJU4DIiWZp14EgeeM6MyREFBnTfK39T5-f946_t3SenrFMcyONlvOlfOg8Zww1k5gw0suA41mfloG-ABdfo05P__PWgdjAOUBv8zvgs8I1aVIK2x83pdc6fPh7ZmwMT3ixT2aB3VznLMnj0xqFo9MlqVPOrpFeE8XbZQsiE7UySxp9t-en7Cf4-puKkfUULjdahwAVs3aRI78-6A7SVA1VmqzXC_Fyc85H9m2VCPAINgHHpM1Dsg9Ds8r1nfQp-lNPRE-D716qO-gl8Ag1hvMnGkWQWrD16OwDkMkkXMe8BFpsKSe3gyEgFpJgVF5GnNzJMSDLkk4J_BJzyWS3WAf_UBg4c2oAnl6DKDIvl-T-hu0jerwn3trw=w1684-h947-no
The website doesn't look like that when viewed on my phone:

Screenshot_20171027-221114.png

Anyway. I understand now and yes I think it's weird that the page has apparently been updated today.

hasn't been updated, it just shows the current date, go to any page there and you'll see the same

Back