Corrupted firmware?

• Thread starter Deleted member 24437
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24437

Anyone:
Is it possible for an action cam's SoC to have corrupted fw that only causes the cam to freeze in one resolution(1080p120 fps)?

It's not impossible, not too likely though so maybe some other issue, if others report it working you could try a different memory card, if still an issue it may be a hardware component issue, if others report the same behaviour then it's likely a firmware coding error

The only other freezing incidents were in conjunction with movie download to pc and have not recurred.
'have opened ticket with SJ.
Oddly my last 2 minute 1080p120fps rendered with my Corel VSP Ultimate 8 editor was actually pretty good with the slight "wavyness" in "straight" lines(as previously shown in DCT threads),
and the very next attempt in this res. were two freezes!!

It's not impossible, not too likely though so maybe some other issue, if others report it working you could try a different memory card, if still an issue it may be a hardware component issue, if others report the same behaviour then it's likely a firmware coding error
I saw a reliable source speaking that it was impossible to brick Novatek (in Git 2)in some of these threads. What about Amba. A7LS?
I was filming fine one small movie with one of my original Xiaoyi cams and then a brick that only beep...beep/beeps and video/ring light flashes on the next session. After the successful .elf file upload( yicameraUSB), it only charges and then unresponsive -refusal to power up and only the three status leds after power button press.
Is there another procedure to breathe life into this Z231.. cam . or is it a candidate for file thirteen (recycle bin)?
Any speculation accepted!

Last edited by a moderator:
If it won't recover from the elf file then it may be a hardware component issue, faulty RAM or similar

Yeah it could be a RAM module not able to handle the high loads of 120 FPS, sensor might also be a culprit with some issue only manifesting itself in the high FPS.

I have gone up and down in firmwares without similar difficulty with my Star. The SJ cam updater file removes the old firmware, doesn't it? The sudden failure of my Yi action cam could be from incompatible firmwares trying to share the chip? My Z231.. cam no longer reads the card!

Back