"Theft Repellent" Warning stickers - Yay, or nay?

Driftkiwi

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
My 84' Mazda Familia is a real thief magnet, by definition and by statistics.

It's so easy to steal, you can shove any old Toyota key into it (Yes, Toyota) and the thing will go.

If thieves are supposedly warded off by alarm LEDs, then shouldn't something like an "Alarm System and GPS Tracking device" sticker do the trick? Surely they'd just shift on to the next car to save themselves any possible trouble.

Something like this is what I'm considering for one of the side windows. I mean, they can't really pick out a fake, can they? If they had that much intellect they'd surely be able to get a real job.

It wouldn't harm i guess, cant you pull a wite on the distributor or something to hardware stop the car from driving.

I saw a guy steal a Mazda 626 in 30 seconds from he was outside and to he started reversing out of the parking bay, naturally such a smart guy are a biker today.

The Opel i drove in the 90tise its door could be opened by a wooden Popsicle stick or any key or screwdriver, i had a auto pager alarm on it, no sound just alerted me with beeping, broke the arm on a kid trying to steal my car, most honorific screams i ever heard, but i am sure the kid and his friend getting same treatment by my friend think twice before stealing a car again.

As the saying goes dont do the crime if you cant do the time, or in other ways suffer the consequences. :D

Agree with @kamkar1. A hidden switch under dash interrupting the low tension wire to the distributor or fuel pump will also work.

Use a steering lock too, I have a stoplock for my car, I'm fairly confident the only way someone would be able to steal my car is by way of carjacking

Yeah i do think in most cases thieves will not see a sticker, and with the make/model in mind we probably talk about joyriding teens, maybe doped up on something, so preventing the vehicle from moving must be #1 priority and then #2 minimizing damage

Maybe pull a Mr. Bean and put a padlock lock on the car door.
atkinson_1945695c.jpg

Many car alarms include immobilizing features and they've become budget-friendly to buy :) It's the approach I'll be taking even though I could make a system myself ;) Pro car thieves here are beginning to use 'snatch' trucks to take the whole car so you really need more than something to stop the kiddies who find theft tricks online :rolleyes:

Phil

Screw stickers and warnings... Put a removable steering wheel on the car, how are you supposed to drive the car, if you can't steer? No point in stealing, then... :)

I've got a wheel lock on it, so that'll stop a lot of thieves hopefully. The stickers I believe would serve as simple negative reinforcement to work in correlation w/ the wheel lock. I'll also see what I can do about installing a hidden kill switch somewhere...

Maybe I should just hire an anaconda, throw it in the front seat and be done with it.
c8df4d96016ac0acac70b5bd0dd0848a.jpg

well a MAN would not be scared by that one, i have handled a python ( king ) 2 X that size.

As a thief, i think i'd be more scared of vipers or Rattlers, than Anacondas. They Anaconda snake is a strangler, more than a poisonous (?) snake. It's way of killing food is by.... tadaaa... strangling its pray, not by killing it with poison. And also, they aren't as fast as vipers.... Who'd love to enter a vehicle with a deadly viper? I wouldn't, for sure!

Put a stuffed rattle snake on your dash or seat. No one will want to find out if it is alive or not.

The Dukes of Hazzard put a corn snake in their car. It is supposed to look a lot like a rattler.

We've got a pretty equal population of potentially deadly "Coral" snakes and a non-poisonous similar-looking breed in the lowstate. Everyone from down there knows the above mantra ;) Fake snakes are like fake alarm stickers- not enough to do anything useful :whistle: Real poisonous snakes are so effective that even you won't be taking you car anywhere :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jokiin Off Topic 1
Back