why is the gyro not as good as 5000x elite?

iblastoff

Reaction score
Country
Canada
the 5000x elite gyro seems a lot better than the sj7 at 1080p 60fps? why is that?

the 5000x elite gyro seems a lot better than the sj7 at 1080p 60fps? why is that?
Gyro is something that only Ambarella can adjust. They are releasing an EIS2.0 which should improve the gyro performance a lot.

Sound good, assuming that will work on the older cameras, and maybe new models too.

EIS are fine in a narrow scenario, in general a gimbal gotta be the best solution.

Gyro is something that only Ambarella can adjust. They are releasing an EIS2.0 which should improve the gyro performance a lot.

cool. where can i find an update about this? or do you know a general timeline?

Sound good, assuming that will work on the older cameras, and maybe new models too.

EIS are fine in a narrow scenario, in general a gimbal gotta be the best solution.

in general, yes. but i ride a motorcycle so i need built-in stabilization. so far the git2 or git3 looks ideal (they seem to be the best for gyro stablization).

Yeah there are many places where you cant cram in a gimbal, so having EIS to take the edge of things are fine.

in general, yes. but i ride a motorcycle so i need built-in stabilization. so far the git2 or git3 looks ideal (they seem to be the best for gyro stablization).
I want to say within a month but we all know how long Ambarella can take to implement, test and then release the new fw...

Jump forward to about 10:30 and...
...your point would be...? [/grin]

The camera was on a simple helmet mount, 1080p@60 fps 135° FOV (not 170° as in the credits). The bike is a BMW K1600GT.

Last edited:
Back