Mgcool Explorer Pro - 39$? Really?

Alexeliasson

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
Hi friends,

I don't have any AC yet but I plan to buy my first.

I was thinking about the Git2 but when I see the Mgcool Explorer Pro for 39$, what am I missing?

I want 1080p/60fps and both cams does it. It has a Sony Sensor...

Help me :)

Thanks! :)

Is the allwinner chipset a bad one?

What makes it a low end product? (I'm not saying against you, I really don't know).

It does 1080/60fps as the Git2 but to half the price. Sony Sensor...

agreed, don't bother with allwinner chipset products. Not worth it at all.

Anything with an Allwinner chipset is a toy for the children to destroy rather than a piece of photography equipment.

They do work, and I quite like my Ele (Mgcool) Explorer but it is definitely not a tool for experts. I've not used the Pro model.

With the Git2 you can get some decent images.

I really appreciate your input guys. Thanks! I'll not buy the product then :)

The Git2 is a well-known product with a good history and good vids so that would be my choice here. Always remember what you don't get what you don't pay for, and that quality is never cheap ;)

Phil

What makes it a low end product?
While I don't have this camera the the advice stated above is true. Just about any Dash or Action Cam for that price is of low quality. Product pages at different places even places like Amazon tend to either lie to get customers to buy their product or are honestly misinformed and pass the incorrect information along to a buyer.

When buying a camera double check the processor used against the page here at DCT if not sure. If the processor and CMOS are not listed ask the seller. Make sure to ask to the tune of what processor is inside the camera listed on X listing, and not does the camera at X listing contain X processor. This will make the seller have to look into it and not assume you know what you are talking about and just say yes.

Also keep an eye out and avoid cameras that record in .avi. The only decent camera I know of that records in .avi is the BlackSys CF-100. Lastly if a seller is not willing to disclose what is inside the camera, and they give you the run around saying it's something like a trade secret or confidential this is an instant red flag. Garmin has done this before, and I now stay away from any of their DashCam products.

can anyone tell us more about the Pro 2 cam?

I purchased it for $40 USD but waiting for its delivery.

1504229164585446410.jpg

20170901165802_86782.png

Back