Battery issue

That point cannot be stressed enough............ @jokiin..... Could you please explain again why decent cabling is vital for stability

well I don't think I've seen USB cables that are data only, you'll see power only, or power and data, the correct type of cable is important but quality is the main issue, a lot of cables are CCA (Copper-Clad Aluminum) rather than OFC (Oxygen Free Copper), as you might know dissimilar metals can cause corrosion so the CCA cables essentially eat themselves away, as they start to do that they start to increase resistance to the point where there can be power or data losses, they might start off working fine but months down the track things can get flaky, this is something that often catches people out as the cables are generally thought of as a passive component, no moving parts etc so not much that can go wrong and they generally do work ok for the first 6 months or so, but as they get older they start to deteriorate and the problems start

doesn't take too much of a change before this starts impacting supply voltages and data integrity

Indeed.
A too long Vs cable quality was the reason i did not get recorded on my rear camera when i got rear ended, been a few years now and i am still kicking myself for that blunder as i knew weeks before the crash that the setup did not work good.

I have overcome this issue my installing 3 - 12 V outtakes in the back of my car, this way i dont have to use stupid long USB cables at least.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C JooVuu 6
T JooVuu 12
dirkzelf JooVuu 26
Back