Which dash cam

sprocket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am after a replacement dual dash cam as my unit has failed. I have read many people say that you only really need a front cam, but if you want a dual cam then buy 2 units. Unfortunately a full size rear unit isn't suitable for my requirement, and I require a dual cam, however bad the rear picture. Not going into a long story, but I had a previous accident where a rear cam was vital to prove that the 3rd party was at fault and not me. A front camera would have actually made it look like my fault. Quick outline, I was changing from lane 1 to 2 and some idiot changing from lane 3 to 2 without indicating and cutting across while I was half way across. Witness car drove off and I was left looking like I pulled across and caused it. Rear camera proved otherwise.

I have a small budget and am looking at these 2. Which would be best or is there another option.
- Rexing V1P
- Apeman

Both look almost the same, and I like the stick on cameras rather than the suction cup ones.

Hi, many thanks for the advice, do you think this one is genuine?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122750032340
Looks genuine, but you would be importing it from China which means you still need to pay the VAT and if it needs to be returned it will be very difficult. I recommend paying the extra to get a UK supplied one, especially when there are some where the increase in price is less than VAT!

I would recommend Combi, but their price is currently significantly higher.

Back