F770 Incorrect Voltage Reading OR need Cellink-B

If the connection is poor, it should not work.
It's either a 0 or 1. Can't something in the middle.

poor earth will still work but will give you lower voltage, 0 or 1 applies to digital, your wiring is analogue ;)

poor earth will still work but will give you lower voltage, 0 or 1 applies to digital, your wiring is analogue ;)
I mean by that it either has power or not.
The camera is an electronic device.

The earth wire is bolted to the chassis. I don't know where to check next.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I mean by that it either has power or not.
The camera is an electronic device.

The earth wire is bolted to the chassis. I don't know where to check next.

sure it has power but a poor earth, poor crimp connection etc will impact your voltages, as can too long a cable run with insufficient gauge wire, lots of reasons why it could power on but still be lower in voltage than expected

Very strange that it's fluctuating that much while driving, seems like something might be loose. If the camera/hardwire kit just has a voltage loss, the loss should be relatively consistent?

Just to be consistent with my findings, I took voltage reading from the fuse box from the red wire fuse to the earth connection and from the yellow fuse to the earth again. This was done to see if there is a connection problem or voltage offset. Both measurements displayed 12.71 & 12.51 volts. So it doesn't seem to be the wiring.

We don't really like shipping the batteries internationally, especially if there's already a distributor there. But if you're just looking for the wiring harness we can definitely get you a quote for shipping!

I have just received a quote for the harness from you for $80 to the UK. That's quite steep for a cable :-(

I have just received a quote for the harness from you for $80 to the UK. That's quite steep for a cable :-(

Unfortunately shipping from Canada is generally pretty steep (about $40 USD for 1lb package)
The Thinkware's hardwire cable is about $30 and the Cellink output harness is about $15 (+ the time for our tech to splice the cables together)
If you can source the hardwire cable locally (or already have one) and get someone there to splice it for you
We can send out just the Cellink output cable with the 3 wires (unspliced) for a fair bit less.

H
Just to be consistent with my findings, I took voltage reading from the fuse box from the red wire fuse to the earth connection and from the yellow fuse to the earth again. This was done to see if there is a connection problem or voltage offset. Both measurements displayed 12.71 & 12.51 volts. So it doesn't seem to be the wiring.

Hi Gil,

What did you end up doing?

I’m in the same boat with my F750 2ch.

Parking mode didn’t kick in when I was side swiped whilst parked.

Back