SJCAM SJ7 models

@sjcam_official , no problem Tony, that's a nice mod, too bad you guys don't have a Y cable like that already out.
@RBEmerson , let us know if you managed to do the mod.

Is there anything we can do to help the process along? I was pleasently surprised to see how (relatively) quickly the external power case was released, particularly given the tooling involved. By comparison,a cable should be "easy-peasy".

What are the required electrical specs for a mic? Impedence? Mic type (electret or not)?

@sjcam_official , no problem Tony, that's a nice mod, too bad you guys don't have a Y cable like that already out.
@RBEmerson , let us know if you managed to do the mod.

This pretty much a no-brainer. The biggest challenge is doing the soldering with demolishing the two USB connectors. Past that, it's the execution of the job. That is, doing things to be water-tight at the camera end and making the other ends look presentable and not just a kludge job.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's easier to take two clean USB connectors and make up the cable from scratch. That way the mic connector can be put somewhere that's not completely open to weather. The same applies to the battery connector. The needed wiring can be brought out as short "pigtails" (easier to bring wiring out of the connector shell) This allows for regular one-conductor shielded cable connected for the bike, and a suitable length of two-strand wire for the power connector.

Last edited:
@sjcam_official I received my camera and I have a concern.
Are the guys at SJCAM doing any QC ??
Look at the waterproof case that came with my SJ7.....there are 3 screws that are stripped !!!
This is from the cam that I received from GearBest.
The first one that I bough Banggood came with a case that had 2 stripped screws(this one I sent to my brother)

Attachments

• 20171125_115215 - Copy.jpg
    20171125_115215 - Copy.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 8
Head to the SJCam website, drill down through the support section and submit a "I've got a problem" ticket. You won't fall through the cracks.

@sjcam_official I received my camera and I have a concern.
Are the guys at SJCAM doing any QC ??
Look at the waterproof case that came with my SJ7.....there are 3 screws that are stripped !!!
This is from the cam that I received from GearBest.
The first one that I bough Banggood came with a case that had 2 stripped screws(this one I sent to my brother)
Yes, did you already complain to Tony about this?

No complaining done yet, I just posted this here to get your opinion and see if I have a chance of getting any resolution to this problem seeing I bought the cameras on GB and BG.

Last edited:
I see... When did you receive your order? We actually now have a newer case for SJ7 without screws....

Last week, I think it was Thursday....this one was from GearBest.
The first one, I got it about a month ago....it was from Banggood.

Back