Disconnecting Thinkware F770 and removing from screen

FiTCOL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When my car is at home and garaged and not being used for a few days I plan to disconnect the front camera and remove it from the windscreen to save the battery. It’s just hardwired directly to the car battery. Has anyone else done this and if so would t cause any problems?

When my car is at home and garaged and not being used for a few days I plan to disconnect the front camera and remove it from the windscreen to save the battery. It’s just hardwired directly to the car battery. Has anyone else done this and if so would t cause any problems?

Why not go to settings and turn off parking mode ... then you battery will not be used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel a bit stupid now! My defence being that I haven't actually wired it in yet therefore Im not aware of the controls etc. I am fitting tomorrow so will save any further stupid questions until I have done so and hopefully got it up and running. Thank you for the swift reply.

As said either disable parking mode for that period or manually power off the camera when you stop (button on the rear, hold it for about 4 seconds)

Thank you Maddog. I’ve got it hard wired in now and it seems to be working fine. I’ve set the parking more to off using my phone for now. This forum has helped a lot in answering many of my questions regarding fitting/installation & setting up.

like madog says just switch it off. this way it will automatically turn on again when car starts
and will resume parkmode as wel

Back